Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#203970 - 07/18/09 03:21 AM Store not restocking
samanthasasaki Offline

I just purchased virtual families on my Itouch straight from the store and everything was working fineand I love it. But it began to crash upon starting the application but I would just restart my itouch and it would work fine but I've had to do this multiple times. Today (7/17/09) I started the application and it was doing fine but soon crashed, I restarted it but when I opened the app again it hadn't saved and I lost everything. When I started another family I had closed the app so that it could run on it's own for a while but when I opened it again it had erased everything again and it's continued to do that everytime I close and open it again even after restarting my itouch. Other topics have given me the answer to this and I've yet to try but will soon. But other than that it's been fine for the most part. 
One other problem I've had is the store not restocking entirely. I went back to the store and it hadn't restocked everything except for the encyclopedia which was the same one, and the clothes which were always different but everything else was bare. I saw that you hit the 'R' key but that's for the computer version. How can you fix this on the itouch version of the game?

#203984 - 07/18/09 03:47 AM Re: Store not restocking [Re: samanthasasaki]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
We're currently looking into the iPod touch/iPhone crashes, and any information you can give us about your iPod touch (such as how many apps you have on it, what OS version you have, etc) might be helpful.

Unfortunately, you can't force a store restock, as there is no keyboard support implemented.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#204040 - 07/18/09 09:21 AM Re: Store not restocking [Re: Xay]
samanthasasaki Offline

I have the most updated software for the iPod touch (3.0 or something like that) and not including the defualt apps that come with the iPod I have 27 but it may change. I get rid of as many apps as possible. I have a 16 gb iPod and about 744-800 songs and music videos and about 250 movies (not feature length, just small short ones that I've download on my own.)
I hope all that information helps in some way:)

#206564 - 08/04/09 04:08 PM Re: Store not restocking [Re: Xay]
Sempronia Offline

I understand that we cannot force the store to restock, but it is not restocking at all (except for clothes). I have only blank spaces in my store. Can you suggest a fix? It's been like this for several days.

#209862 - 09/10/09 03:23 PM Re: Store not restocking [Re: Sempronia]
MultipleMultiple Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have the same issue with the iPhone 3GS. I am on my Gen 1 family and the store has not been restocking for 2 days now. All the spots are empty except for the clothes. Most recent software update is on the phone. App was purchased from the app store via wi-fi. Game has crashed in the past and the phone had to be restarted to get the game to save. There is 27.83 GB free of the 32 GB available. I also have the same game on an iPhone 3G and although it too had to be restarted to get the game to save, it does not have the restocking issue. Any suggestions? I really don't want to lose my family on the 3GS since they have over $30,000 and both are masters in their jobs but I haven't been able to do any of the repairs since the store stopped restocking early in the game play. HELP!!!!!!!!!

#209865 - 09/10/09 04:09 PM Re: Store not restocking [Re: MultipleMultiple]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Please see my reply in this thread for more information about the store restocking issue.

The crashing is something that is caused when application memory gets critically low and the operating system shuts down the running application. Resetting the iPhone frees up memory. Application memory is different from the 32 GB of flash memory that you use to store apps, music, etc. on your iPhone. iPhone OS doesn't provide a way for you to see how much application memory is available on your device, although you can purchase applications that will display that information.

#209870 - 09/10/09 04:58 PM Re: Store not restocking [Re: LadyCFII]
MultipleMultiple Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I will reply to the thread you have noted. Thanks.

#211640 - 10/16/09 04:06 AM Re: Store not restocking [Re: MultipleMultiple]
Beeky Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
Also, mine is an iPod Touch 2nd gen. (version 3.1.2 (7D11) and I think it's the 32 gb. I have 74 apps on it (although I don't always keep them on the iPod). Music and some photos.

I still have 14 gb available for use.

Good luck with the clues!

Edited by Beeky (10/16/09 04:12 AM)
Edit Reason: provide more info

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter