Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237654 - 12/21/14 11:53 PM ipad keeps deleting VV5
TechnoAddict Offline

My ipad keeps deleting my vv 5 this is the third time my villagers have been deleted please help my vv 3 data was also deleted but it has not happened again. Why do the games delete automatically. Im using an ipad 2 16gb ios 8.0.2 is there any way to get them back?

#237657 - 12/22/14 04:20 AM Re: ipad keeps deleting VV5 [Re: TechnoAddict]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
It's most likely possible that there is not enough application memory available in the device to allow Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers to load. When the operating system or other background applications are using a lot of memory, Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers may not load, or may not run well, since there isn't enough memory available to manage the graphics, especially the large area that must be loaded into memory to allow you to scroll freely.

If the game crashes frequently, it can corrupt the savegame data and no longer load properly. Please see the section below the break about your available recovery options.

Application memory is not the same memory that you use to to store music, photos, applications, etc. (the 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, etc. that you see displayed in Settings or iTunes or printed on the back of the device). The amount of application memory is not directly viewable by the user, and memory size depends upon the specific model you have. For devices introduced prior to June 2010, it is either 128 megabytes or 256 megabytes. Everything that is running on the device, including all operating system functions, must fit into application memory. This is not unique to Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers, but can occur with many applications, particularly graphically intensive ones.

There are several things that you can do to free up application memory, so that Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers can get the memory that it needs to run properly:

- If the game loads, let it run on its own for awhile and allow the operating system to free up memory. This is sometimes all that is necessary, especially if the memory shortage isn't significant.

- Press the Home button to exit Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers, then launch Safari (which is often closed with many Web pages active). Close all Web pages (tabs) to free up memory, then press the Home button. Do the same for other browser applications you may be running. Then try launching Virtual Villagers 5: New Believers again.

- For iOS 4.x and higher, access the multi-task bar by double-tapping the Home button. Press and hold one of the icons until you see badges with a dash appear in the upper left corner of each icon. Tap the red badge for each application that you aren't actually using. Each of those apps occupies a certain amount of RAM. Although they are not actually running and don't have a direct effect on device performance, the cumulative memory that they occupy can result in causing other apps to crash from low memory conditions.

- Manually free up memory by resetting or restarting your device using the appropriate procedure below. Usually a simple restart is all that is required to restore proper operation to all installed applications.

Restarting and Resetting

If something is not working right, restarting or resetting your device will likely solve the problem.

Restart:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off your device. To turn the device back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake until the Apple logo appears.

Reset:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

To learn more about managing apps on your device, you can consult the User Guide for your specific device. Apple makes all of the manuals available on their site for each device family. You can find all of their manuals here: http://support.apple.com/manuals/

---------------

In order to make sure that you don't lose important user and application data if something happens to your device, it's important to follow Apple's procedures for backing up and restoring the contents of your iOS device. Backing your device up regularly to iTunes or iCloud helps to protect you from losing everything that is on your device. Without a device backup, you will still be able to install previously purchased apps from the App Store, but you will not be able to recover the personal and application data that had been on your device.

The only way to recover all of the applications and data that were on your device, is that it must be restored from a previous backup, not merely synced with iTunes. This will fully restore the content that was on the device before it was reset. Please refer to the specific procedures for your device and iOS version in the appropriate User Guide.

If those procedures aren't followed, data loss is possible, including the loss of application data and In-App purchases (in certain games).

The data for your game is stored in an area of your iOS device that is not user-accessible. The only method that we can provide for recovering game data is to restore the device from a previous backup containing that data.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237660 - 12/22/14 06:06 PM Re: ipad keeps deleting VV5 [Re: Xay]
TechnoAddict Offline

Thanks I already knew about application memory or "ram" but i already close all my games by double clicking home and closing all apps from there. Should I just delete some apps I dont use and see if that frees up application memory? I dont really care that much if my vv data gets deleted because its so easy to finish them in a week.

#237701 - 12/23/14 11:36 PM Re: ipad keeps deleting VV5 [Re: TechnoAddict]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I cannot recommend the deletion of any apps as all your data for that app may be removed, however, I am enclosing a link to Apple's Support website, which may assist you.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201398
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter