Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#207616 - 08/13/09 10:09 PM VF not saving upon exit, time's still running
Pashn Offline

Loc: Michigan
Any idea why it is doing this? Seems that time is still running, but the game is not saving at all. My little people are dying left and right because of this. Help!!

#207617 - 08/13/09 10:16 PM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: Pashn]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
If you could find out which version you have and where you purchased the game that would also help. It would also help to know what you are running the game on (Windows, Mac, iPod, etc)

I'll link the answer from LDW's Support FAQ so you can view it for your particular operating system:

Windows
iPhone/iPod Touch

Best of luck!
________
Edit: Actually, what is not saving? If you can tell that time is passing properly and your peeps are passing away what part of your game is not saving?

As long as there is food in the fridge and they are given their proper medication when they are ill, they shouldn't pass away.. is this the part that is not saving?

You can also pause the game if you feel that you can't tend to them too often.

#207731 - 08/16/09 03:42 AM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: Lyssaria]
comet Offline

i am having a problem with virtual families everytime i exit the game it restarts my computer and the next time i go to play everything is gone. I downloaded the game from pogo and it worked fine for the first month or so and now i cant get anywhere and its really starting to upset me i dont know what to do can anyone help me? I dont know if im posting in the right spot or not but if im not can someone point me to the right spot thank you so much any help well be apprecated I forgot to add that im running windows xp.

Edited by comet (08/16/09 03:44 AM)
Edit Reason: added os

#207732 - 08/16/09 03:53 AM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: comet]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

So, you exit the game and instead of it just closing the game it restarts your computer?

This is typically where a blue screen will show up with a bunch of text on it before it restarts..

If your game is causing your computer to crash and restart itself, that's usually a problem found in the computer's memory, but it's hard to tell unless you can find any error messages whether in a blue screen or somewhere on your screen when it restarts.

A crash can undo up to 10 minutes of progress or wipe out your save files, have you tried keeping the game open for 10 minutes or longer and see if there's any progress saved?

Edit: Also, do you play it in full screen or windowed mode?

Edited by Lyssaria (08/16/09 03:54 AM)

#207733 - 08/16/09 04:01 AM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: Lyssaria]
comet Offline

I usually play about 30 min at a time and when i have to start a new family about and hour and a half so its not under 10 min and im playing in full screen mode. and yes i get the blue screen with the mass text and then the computer restarts and its a new computer only 4 months old i shouldnt have problems already?

#207734 - 08/16/09 04:03 AM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: comet]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

The blue screen could be there for many different reasons, you should try to get a pen and paper and try to write down some of the text so you can show it to the tech support for your computer

Have you tried playing in windowed mode? For some people it doesn't crash in windowed but will do that in fullscreen.

#207735 - 08/16/09 04:04 AM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: Lyssaria]
comet Offline

thanks i will try playing in windowed mode untill i can get someone to figure out whats going on with full screen thanks for the advice

#207737 - 08/16/09 04:08 AM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: comet]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

No problem comet! smile I hope you can at least play it in windowed mode!

Typically the problem is either a bad RAM (memory hardware), bad drivers for your hardware or even an infection from malware.. it's not the game that is doing this, so don't worry about that at least grin

#208015 - 08/19/09 11:41 PM Re: VF not saving upon exit, time's still running [Re: Lyssaria]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I had that problem, and I reinstalled it.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter