Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 207 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#230346 - 11/08/11 09:43 PM Help - How do I transfer Families?
kelbek Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I hope someone will be able to help me. A few months after I first got VF, my computer went on the blink. After many months (too long a story to go into now!), I got it back, and needless to say, all my Families (3) were dead. Started 3 new Families, and now the computer is acting up again - sounds like something it can't recover from.

I really don't want to have to start my Families over again - have got them in 11th, 10th and 8th generations now. My question is this: is there a simple way to tranfer the game with all data intact to a new computer? A way that is not too expensive? I'm talking really cheap here - can't afford more games if I have to pay too much else on top of another computer. I need to be able to transfer VV2 as well, just one village. I don't dare even start other villages or try VV4 & 5 in case the computer dies abruptly.

Also, I'm thinking a laptop next time. I just do e-mails, a bit of surfing, and casual type games like LDW or Luxor. Anybody got any recommendations? I'd like something that works fairly quickly, even on dial-up, and that can easily handle 2-5 programs being open at once, such as VF, one VV, PT, while going through my e-mail and playing poker. You could say I'm a multi-tasker to the max! Or you could say easily bored, and attention deficit, those work too! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kelbek

#230347 - 11/09/11 06:32 AM Re: Help - How do I transfer Families? [Re: kelbek]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello kelbek. Yes, you can save your current families so you won't have to start them all over again. See this post for directions on how to backup your savegame files. smile

As for installing your game on a second computer, I'm sure you'll find this information helpful. grin

How easy it is depends on how comfortable you are with finding files on your computer and copying them. I found it to be very easy. grin Good luck and enjoy your games.

#230348 - 11/09/11 08:50 PM Re: Help - How do I transfer Families? [Re: MissKathy]
kelbek Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thanks for your quick reply!

kelbek

#230349 - 11/09/11 09:53 PM Re: Help - How do I transfer Families? [Re: kelbek]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
It will depend, of course, on where you purchased the game, as some sites may have a restriction on how many computers the game can be on. If you bought the game from us, then you can follow MissKathy's instructions as she stated above. If you bought it elsewhere, you may wish to check with that website for their policy.

Good luck!
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter