Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
02/24/24 09:16 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy, Alice Arthagon
30707 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30707 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#238539 - 12/03/15 10:30 PM Rare Child
MissyG Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
i was reading back posts about rare children and would like to try to create them. After searching the forum, I have been unable to find out how to find the saved files for VF1/VF2 and how to access them. My os is Windows 7. Has the ability to create the rare child been removed or can you help me find out how to do this? Thank you for your efforts in doing this. Any help will be appreciated.

#238542 - 12/04/15 01:04 AM Re: Rare Child [Re: MissyG]
Kiana Offline

Loc: USA
Not 100% sure on how to create rare children, but I believe the save files are located in My Documents > LDW > GAME(vf2, vf1, etc) smile

#238543 - 12/04/15 03:53 AM Re: Rare Child [Re: Kiana]
MissyG Offline

Thank you so much for the speedy response! I have found the files but i cant access them. I do not get a command to be able to make a back up and i am not sure how i would do that with the .ldw extensions. I was very fortunate to get the couple i need to make the rare child so i will see how it plays out. Thank you again! I love this game! laugh

#238544 - 12/05/15 01:46 AM Re: Rare Child [Re: MissyG]
MissyG Offline

I have played the couple i needed to have to get the rare child, but i do not know how to back up the .ldw extension file so that i can make numerous tries to get the right child. I am beginning to wish they never posted anything about the rare child. If you need to have extra programs to accomplish getting the rare child, they should have told us. Very frustrating.

#238545 - 12/05/15 06:37 AM Re: Rare Child [Re: MissyG]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Lyssaria mentions how to do this casually in this post.

However, it should be noted that there is no specific "command" to backup the files, and you should definitely not open them, as that does have a chance to corrupt the files, which will make them unplayable.

To backup your savegame files, simply follow the more precise directions available here. There are no extra programs needed, but we do recommend you be familiar with copying files before attempting these procedures.

I hope this helps! smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter