Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#230134 - 08/02/11 07:59 PM save game files
kelbek Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Please help!

I'm trying to back up my game files for VF. Have followed the directions in post about backing up files. Can't get it to copy files - made a back up file called VF Backup in Documents, but when I did Select All, the files I wanted to copy were just copied there in the VF files list and didn't ask me where I wanted them copied to. Tried Paste as well, and it did this but named each one ldwlog - don't dare ever replace my games with one of these because who knows what I'd get? Could someone please tell me what to do - I'm running Vista Basic.

Thanks,

kelbek

P.S. Sorry, wrong forum, but guess it applies to all games! Also, can I save these backups to disk? Had my whole hard drive wiped and lost all my LDW games.

#230135 - 08/02/11 11:05 PM Re: save game files [Re: kelbek]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
First, make sure your games are paused before you copy them to backup. This will ensure that your backup is frozen in time (and isn't moving forward).

You should select all, copy, then navigate to the VF Backups folder and paste. It will not ask you where to copy them to, you have to do it manually. smile

The save game files as well as the installer can be copied to a CD or flash drive for safekeeping. You can consult the Windows help files for the appropriate information on the procedures to create a backup CD. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#230136 - 08/03/11 02:08 AM Re: save game files [Re: Xay]
kelbek Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thank you so much Heather, also for the speed of your reply. Sometimes I get so flustered with computer things I can't apply common sense anymore! It seems to have worked.

kelbek

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter