Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 169 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#229112 - 03/05/11 06:45 PM My boy turned into a girl?
Dedawen Offline

Loc: Sacramento CA
I am on my 2nd generation on the PC (played for a year or so on iPod and iPad).

My first child was a rainbow haired girl. Following her were three identical blond boys in rapid succession. After that was a long period of apparent infertility. When mom & dad where in their early 40s, they had yet another identical blond boy. I found this odd, because both mother and father were blue haired - he is the one with spikey hair - and statistically speaking I find it really hard to believe that out of five kids FOUR would be identical.

Well, after this 5th kid, they had yet ANOTHER blond haired boy and I got the WHOOSH noise telling me I had earned the 6 kid trophy. I pulled up the Family view to gaze in wonder - and no little bit of surprise at 5 identical boys - and I noticed that somehow boy #3 who was about 12 by this time had turned into a brown haired girl! I thought that maybe the children were listed out of order, but no - I found the kid and yup he was now a daughter.

(Looking at the "head chart", Dad is the very bottom man with blue hair. Mom is the blue haired woman 2nd from the bottom. ALL of my boys when born were the one directly above the mowhawk. This odd trans child turned into the female head 4th from the top).

Is this unusual?

#229366 - 04/01/11 08:18 PM Re: My boy turned into a girl? [Re: Dedawen]
Dedawen Offline

Loc: Sacramento CA
Wow...I can hear the crickets...all that's missing is a tumbleweed!

#229368 - 04/01/11 10:22 PM Re: My boy turned into a girl? [Re: Dedawen]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Unpredictable things like the situation you are describing is generally caused by a game crash or terminating the game without shutting it down first (like turning off the computer, etc).

Essentially, anything that interferes with the game saving its state to the savegame file can cause this sort of reaction.

There is no way to change your boy back into a girl - but prevention can be quitting the game properly, and backing up your savegame files in case it crashes (see the link below for directions).

http://www.ldw.com/faq.php?game=10&platform=9&f=82&q=908#answer
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter