Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206203 - 08/02/09 07:57 AM Question From Newbie...
TrentH80 Offline

Hi....I have just started playing the game today for the first time. My question is....My career is statition (sp?)...How do I complete the job? I can not seem to find his work station. And also, if it is totally in real time how does the person grow and many generations. I am not trying to ask a stupid question. I just do not understand the new programing. Thanks again. God Bless, TrentH80

#206204 - 08/02/09 08:12 AM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: TrentH80]
Skylar154 Offline
Trainee

Hello, Trent! First off, I'm Skylar154 and welcome to the ldwforums! Ok, they complete the job by working and when you hear a sound like a cash register opening, they have made money, in vf means they completed the job! It can be difficult to figure out which career they are in, There are 3 categories, Cooking, Office Work or Construction, say for instance, if your person was a Ketchup Bottler, they'd work in the kitchen, if the person was an Engineer, they'd work in the outside office on the left hand screen. If they were a book writer, they'd work in the room with computers. The person grows about 1 year old every 2-3 hours. At first they meet their match (You'll see a flashing envelope in the upper right hand corner, it means drag your character to the computers) they meet someone and then it is time to start a family, take them in the bedroom with a large bed and put them together until their action comes up "Trying to make a baby" and if they are successful, a screen saying you've been bleesed with a beautiful baby will show up, wait a few hours and they baby is no longer carried by the mother. Their baby has to be 4 "years" old to attempt for another child. You can have up to 6 children. They go to college at age 18 and in order to start a new generation, one of the parents have to die. There is no way to stop the person from dying because ldw fixed that glitch. Don't mess with your system's clock nor use any cheat engines or hacks, because it won't only mess up your game, it'll mess up your computer system! Have luck and PM me if you need any help!

#206205 - 08/02/09 08:13 AM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: TrentH80]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Hi TrentH80! The workstation for statition is the office. Just drop your peep on the computer, and they will begin to work. Praise him/her with the green glove when they work, but be careful as too much of the green glove will also make them run away because they feel nagged. Alternate between giving them candy/fruits and the green glove for praise. I only praise my adults for working, as this will tend to make them want to work more.

You begin a new generation only after your adopted peep and/or his/her mate dies. If they have children when they die there will be a "New Generation" button on top of the "Family" screen. Have fun!

Sorry Skylar, I guess we were replying about the same time.

Edited by Lewanda (08/02/09 08:15 AM)
Edit Reason: SKYLAR

#206229 - 08/02/09 04:08 PM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: Lewanda]
Safire Offline
Expert

Loc: On this earth....somewhere.......
Just a correction: The child must be at least two years old before you try for another baby, it depends on the couples if they want to wait until the child is 4.

#206232 - 08/02/09 04:30 PM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: Safire]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
I have found that, no matter how old the youngest child is (I have sometimes waited until they were 4-5 yrs old) when I next try for a baby, the very first time I try I get the "too soon" message. But then I wait 15-30 mins and try again and they usual go for it. If they argue about it, keep putting them on each other and eventually they will give in and try.

#206237 - 08/02/09 04:48 PM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: Jenny23]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Trent, if you ever get stuck with figuring out the work station for one of your peeps, just try putting them on either the computers in the office, the work tables in the workshop or the kitchen work area in the kitchen.

The game's programming does not run the game when it is closed, what it does is save the last time the game was opened and when you next open the game it calculates how much time has passed and apply that time to your people.

For example, if you were gone for 24 hours this will age your peeps by 7 years and when you open the game, your peeps will be 7 years older, hungrier, possibly sick (this is random) and likely a messy house. grin You can always pause the game if you know you will not be able to check on them in a while. smile

I also recommend saving backups of the game just in case something ever goes wrong! You can read more about this here!

Best of luck with all of your families and I hope you have a wonderful time here in the forums!

#206273 - 08/02/09 07:52 PM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: Lyssaria]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
As stated here by LadyCFII, the time needed to wait between children depends on their desire for children. If you have a "not really" or a "no way" you must wait longer between children, but it isn't random. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#207635 - 08/14/09 05:02 AM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: Lyssaria]
TrentH80 Offline

Thanks for the response...My next question after playing for awhile would be. When is the best time to praise? During an activity or once it is completed? And can the peeps run away for good if they do bad?

#207636 - 08/14/09 05:13 AM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: TrentH80]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
During the activity. You are actually praising them for doing what their action bar says they are doing. Just pay attention. I accidentally praised one of my peeps for doing nothing right after they got done working. blush After that, all she wanted to do was nothing! And I've never seen or heard of someone running away for good. If you scold them too much, it will make them unhappy.

#207639 - 08/14/09 06:07 AM Re: Question From Newbie... [Re: kissy06]
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The DMverse
But, if you praise a peep putting out a fire when they are at the site of the fire with the extinguisher, they will jump up and drop the extinguisher and you will have to start over. Just thought I'd point that out smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter