Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#204978 - 07/24/09 06:01 PM help!
busybee1 Offline

I'm pretty much a computer novice and I'm wondering how you make your rooms look different. In reading about the little red ball, I saw the kids room had different colored carpet, and bedspreads. How is that possible?

#204981 - 07/24/09 06:16 PM Re: help! [Re: busybee1]
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The DMverse
Well, those are implemented by the use of mods. Mods are changes to the game image files. You can download them from the Virtual Families mod section, here:

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/61/1/Virtual_Families_Mods

You put them in your game by, if you have a Windows PC, going to C:/Program Files/Virtual Families/images, I think...

If you have a Mac, you control-click or right click on Virtual Families.app, select "Show Package Contents," and then move the mods to the Resources/images folder.

It is advised to make a backup of the original images, in case you make a change you don't want.

I hope this helps! Happy mod-hunting!

PS: If you wish to request a mod, go here:

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/65/1/Virtual_Families_Mod_Comments_

#204985 - 07/24/09 07:02 PM Re: help! [Re: vfmacfan]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
This post in the Mods forum gives full instructions for installing mods and for backing up the original files.

One thing to beware of, though is that there are a lot of mods available, made by several different people, so they might not look right if you install two different mods. Take care to read the instruction given by the mod posters to see what other mods they go with, although if you post a request in the Mod Comments forum linked by vfmacfan someone will likely be able to help by creating a special map for you.

#205006 - 07/24/09 09:11 PM Re: help! [Re: arnie]
busybee1 Offline

Thanks so much... Although I haven't read the "mod forum", I don't want to take a chance of loosing my games since I have lots of generations going. This may be above my head, but I may give it a try sometime.

Thanks again!!

#205022 - 07/24/09 10:43 PM Re: help! [Re: busybee1]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
You can also make backup copies of your game files to make sure that never happens. (I back mine up at least once a day, usually twice! lol) There are instructions for how to do that in this post.

Have fun!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter