Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#194679 - 05/18/09 05:49 PM do new moms work?
2fun Offline

Okay I do not like coming here when I first start a game because I am tempted to peek at things I want to find out for myself. I have been playing VF for a week or 2? I am in my 3rd generation and I swear my new moms worked even when carrying the babies around, but now I am not sure.

My last couple had only one child and she “no way” wanted kids. As soon as she moved in she got a marriage proposal (I have never taken the first proposal before but he looked like a good guy) so I hitched her and just for kicks I put them together to make a baby assuming they wouldn’t (I just wanted to see what happened when “no way” was embraced. Well, she was all for it and popped out twins.

This is the very first time I didn’t make my little person work before marrying them off or having a baby. Now she is carrying around two babies and I am dropping her in all the work areas and she just wonders off to do something else. She is a “dry fruit packager” so I assume it’s the kitchen but I have also tried the office and the work room.

So in a nut shell... Do new moms work? Or have I just ruined mine by not training her first?

PS I did several searches to try and find the answer so sorry in advance if this has been addressed.

Thanks..

#194680 - 05/18/09 05:51 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: 2fun]
lilgreenapples Offline

New moms do not work until the kid becomes its own entity (around 2). The fact that she didn't want kids will not prevent her from having them. If you have someone who definitely wants kids and doesn't get them they will get depressed.

#194688 - 05/18/09 06:31 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: lilgreenapples]
2fun Offline

Okay, thank you. I must have just assumed my 2 previous moms were working when I saw them sitting at the computer (now I know they were playing). This gal was an only child and her mom “definitely” wanted kids and had a hubby that wanted them too, but every time I put them together they argued and when I finally got them to try they were unsuccessful time after time.

I had a feeling since VV new moms don’t work, but in VF the moms will cook and clean and pull weeds, so I thought I’d ask.

Thank you. Now I need to get off of here before I spoil any more surprises for myself.

#194714 - 05/18/09 09:03 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: 2fun]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
No they don't work which is something I've been fussing about. If they can clean the floor, cook, and browse the web while carrying babies then they can work too! That REALLY needs to be changed!

www.jamisings.com

#194720 - 05/18/09 09:21 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: Jami]
antonia Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nederland
I may be oldfasioned but I really like that the moms don't work before the kids are two. In my opion, if you don't wanna take care of a baby for at least two years you just shouldn't have them. But as I said that's just my opion, they can work long enough afther the child has grown up.

#194727 - 05/18/09 09:42 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: antonia]
miskinsincap Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Turkey
Originally Posted By: antonia
I may be oldfasioned but I really like that the moms don't work before the kids are two. In my opion, if you don't wanna take care of a baby for at least two years you just shouldn't have them. But as I said that's just my opion, they can work long enough afther the child has grown up.

antonia, I agree with you when it comes to real life (how can you concentrate on anything else really? :)). But when it comes to the game, it really becomes frustrating to wait 4 hours; I can't even spend that much time daily on the game, and it's a little boring when the mother is always carrying a baby when I'm trying to play. It's not the game years I'm objecting, but the real hours. It would be nicer for me if I could speed up the game when the mother is carrying a baby, and slow down again (maybe super-slow mode even) as soon as I have a full family.

#194732 - 05/18/09 09:59 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: miskinsincap]
antonia Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nederland
I guess you're right. I don't play very long everytime I start the game, so I try to have baby's either early in the morning or late at night. That way when I'm of the game the kid can grow up. When I do have the energy of playing long I just let them do al kind of things especially picking up collectibles smile

#194757 - 05/18/09 10:32 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: antonia]
miskinsincap Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Turkey
I love to see the full house with lots of kids running around and doing all sorts of things. Unfortunately, it takes so long to do that and lasts too short; kids grow up so fast and leave the house to parents. Right now, I have a family with six kids (a triple trouble triplets doing all sorts of mischievous things, and three others, all in the house still), and I can't take my eyes off them smile

#194761 - 05/18/09 10:38 PM Re: do new moms work? [Re: miskinsincap]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Originally Posted By: miskinsincap

antonia, I agree with you when it comes to real life (how can you concentrate on anything else really? :)). But when it comes to the game, it really becomes frustrating to wait 4 hours; I can't even spend that much time daily on the game, and it's a little boring when the mother is always carrying a baby when I'm trying to play. It's not the game years I'm objecting, but the real hours. It would be nicer for me if I could speed up the game when the mother is carrying a baby, and slow down again (maybe super-slow mode even) as soon as I have a full family.

What is the hurry? The mother still earns an income while carrying the little one; she can do anything except work. And, even after having six kids; my mothers still make it to level 8 in their career progress.

#194837 - 05/19/09 02:48 AM Re: do new moms work? [Re: QuickStorm]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
Before I leave VF for the night or just to go away from it for several hours, I try to get a new baby conceived in each of my families that are "eligible" (not too soon after a previous one, not too old or full house). That way, when I come back to the game, the nursing period is over and the infant has transitioned to a child.

Incidentally, if you try and it is "too soon", just wait about 15 mins and try again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter