Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 263 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#190702 - 05/01/09 04:43 PM Playing without the guide?
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
Hi there - I am soo excited about this game! I have all of the other LFW games and can't wait to load this one.

Question - can you play effectively without the guide?

......whine..... Hubby "gave me permission" (don't ask but he is self employed and times are Awfulllll!)to put the $20 on the (remaining) CC - but there is no way I can 'ask' for another 10....

Need advice before I actually buy this game - - - fingers crossed that it is self-explaitory- - - - Thanks!

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#190703 - 05/01/09 04:47 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: mappam]
Suzicube Offline
Adviser

Honestly I have the guide and it really wasn't much help. Don't waste your money and just start reading posts from the forum. You will get much better advice on how to do things and it's free! BTW, I got the guide with the game. Don't think I've ever bought one but I might buy the Sims 3 guide after I buy a computer that can run it. frown

#190707 - 05/01/09 04:50 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: mappam]
KaeChan Offline
Expert

Loc: Georgia
I actually use this forum for help, I hardly use my guide I looked through it once and haven't anymore.

#190709 - 05/01/09 04:51 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: mappam]
MoonBeam71 Offline
Expert

Loc: United States of America
I really thought i needed it, but the game tutorial explains step by step... and if you just cant figure something out, just come back here and check the forums, chances are someone somewhere, has already had that problem and gotten an answer to it, or you can just ask on the forum, someone Will answer you for sure, so make your hubby happy, and play without for now, you may just suprise yourself! smile

#190711 - 05/01/09 04:53 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: MoonBeam71]
HeatherHippo Offline
Trainee

Loc: Northern Idaho
I agree with the above posts. I think the game is easy enough to figure out without the guide. If you’ve ever played one of the Virtual Villagers games you know how to figure things out pretty well, grab a peep and carry them around, see what they observe to get clues, try dropping them different places. It’s pretty simple, even if you haven’t played the VV games. You will probably figure most things out on your own, and if you do get stuck then it’s just like the others said, there is plenty of helpful advice on the forums.

#190712 - 05/01/09 04:54 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: MoonBeam71]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Thank you all SOO much for the info - TeeHee it was the answer(s) I was wishing for....

......off to load this game.....

#190720 - 05/01/09 05:03 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: mappam]
MoonBeam71 Offline
Expert

Loc: United States of America
we wont see her for @ least 2 days! LOL smile

#190722 - 05/01/09 05:06 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: mappam]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Originally Posted By: mappam
Hi there - I am soo excited about this game! I have all of the other LFW games and can't wait to load this one.

Question - can you play effectively without the guide?

......whine..... Hubby "gave me permission" (don't ask but he is self employed and times are Awfulllll!)to put the $20 on the (remaining) CC - but there is no way I can 'ask' for another 10....

Need advice before I actually buy this game - - - fingers crossed that it is self-explaitory- - - - Thanks!

While you can definitely play effectively without the guide, (these fabulous forums are great for that), I'm a bit confused by your post. Did you un-check the box for the guide when you bought the game? Unless you did that, the guide should have been included. If you'd like to send in a Support Form, I'm certain that you could get the game guide at no additional charge.

Good luck playing, and I hope you have great fun in the forums!

Edited by Xay (05/01/09 05:17 PM)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#190780 - 05/01/09 09:50 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: Xay]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Xay - I didn't see that I actually Got the Guide with the purchase of this game! As soon as I paid and downloaded it I saw that this was a 'special' THANKS!

You are right - I am having soooo much fun = problem is that we have 8 for dinner tonight - arriving in a couple of house and I still need to shower and and and I don't want to leave my little people.....

#190781 - 05/01/09 09:52 PM Re: Playing without the guide? [Re: mappam]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Oh good, I'm glad you actually got the guide laugh

*giggles* I know how you feel, but you can just give them plenty of food and they should be good to go while you feed your real life guests laugh
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter