Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#125951 - 03/27/08 08:14 PM Is there a way to see dead leaves better?
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Doesn't Windows have a magnifier as part of the accessibility options? It may not be installed automatically, though, it might be necessary to install it from the Windows CD.

Edited by LadyCFII (04/04/08 05:00 PM)

#126057 - 03/28/08 04:02 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: arnie]
pava Offline
Trainee

Not sure about the Windows accessibility features. If it allows for targeted magnification, it might work. Currently, I use a handheld model, but sometimes I wish the X-factor was higher.

This seemed like a nice little addition to the program, getting to see all these new plants in finer detail.

Thanks for the suggestion, Arnie.

#126092 - 03/28/08 01:13 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Here is a screenshot of the magnifier at work. You'll see that the magnified portion appears at the top of the screen.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/arnie-/magnifier.jpg

I don't have PT on this machine or I'd have demonstrated what I mean. Assuming it is installed you can access it via the Start menu > All programs > Accessories > Accessibility > Magnifier in XP. The path in Vista is similar.

#126435 - 03/30/08 04:24 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: arnie]
pava Offline
Trainee

Hey, Arnie, I activated the Windows magnifier, but I couldn't get it to interact with Plant Tycoon, even in windowed mode. I could be wrong, but maybe it doesn't like Java applications?

#126445 - 03/30/08 11:41 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

It works for me. Set it for 'follow mouse cursor'. It's a little confusing as you've got to look at the manhifier, not the game screen, but it works.

#127206 - 04/03/08 07:31 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: arnie]
pava Offline
Trainee

I wish I could say it worked as well for me, Arnie, but I stand by my request. Yes, the image was much larger, but when I went to highlight the dead leaf and clip it, the magnified image was in the middle of the fingers holding the shears, and I couldn't see the highlighted leaf at all. I tried it with a larger magnifier window, too, but it didn't help. I appreciate your advice, and I can think of many other uses for the Windows magnifier, but I'll probably stick to my hand-held unit for now.

One other thing I'd love to see changed: in the nursery, when I sequentially click people in a cluster, the new thought bubbles almost always appear behind the other ones, so I can't see them at all. It makes more sense that the newest clicked thought would be on top, doesn't it? It makes no difference if I click the person farthest away first and work forward or in the reverse order - most frustrating.

Thanks for approving use of the Virtual Seed Tray - it's a real blessing! My only request for that utility (programmed by a fan and not LDW, I know) would be a print command for at least the stored seeds list. It's a bit cumbersome to close PT, open VST, check my inventory, close VST, open PT, and finally continue crossbreeding my newest crop. I haven't quite got the "rhythm" of manually updating my on-site and off-site inventories after every harvest, so this feature would be delightful.

#127231 - 04/03/08 08:07 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

Pava, there are mods to change the dead leaves color to an easier to see color. I don't have the link, but they are somewhere in the forums.

#127292 - 04/04/08 01:09 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: SupernaturalJem]
pava Offline
Trainee

Clever alternative - thanks, Super.

#127412 - 04/04/08 04:52 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

You're welcome. I hope it helps. Also, something I forgot to mention before: it helps with some plants (at least a little) if you move a plant that's in the backrow (against the wall) to the middle or front row. The dead leaves are easier to see. In the backrow, they blend in with the background/wall, so it makes it harder to see them.

#127664 - 04/05/08 06:57 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: SupernaturalJem]
pava Offline
Trainee

I've noticed the "camouflage factor" of the top row, too. I've also learned to wait for another growth spurt or two, to be sure what I'm seeing isn't just a shadowed leaf instead of a dying one. This is especially true for Grass.

Thanks again ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter