Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#119081 - 02/09/08 11:15 PM (major spoiler) how to get the best price
Oldboy Offline
Trainee

OK for those who want to know here is how to get the best price for a certain plant, if you clicked on here by accident I will move the plants name etc down the page so as not to spoil your fun............................................................

..............................Ok here's how to get the best possible average and individual plant price. I'm not sure yet if the top individual plant price can be done with level 1 soil but you should be able to get a price in excess of $1000

1st if you are going for a high average price don't sell any plants until you can plant quite a few "money" plants at the same time, this helps attract visitors. You will also need, or be able to afford 2 yellow fertaliser bombs at least, use them just after planting the seeds and make sure you wait between applications for a few seconds.
If you have been careful you will have kept your pink bottle of quick grow formula and have enough money to buy some more. This speeds up the process a lot. (The blue growth formula should have been used on the other "magic" plants). Once you have applied the 1st pink bottle you should have some half mature plants,on the one's you can see, prune the two lower shoots on the stem, apply the second dose, now some of the plants should have flowers, make sure you fertalise these, hopefully you should get at least 15 seeds to get your next crop.
Prune the remaining bushes until you only have the flowers on the head of a bush, also make sure there are no dead shoots or leaves on any bushes, It does not seem to matter if there are a few missing shoots in the main bush head. If you can now apply a third pink growth bomb or wait until they all flower. Now harvest the seeds you need and sell all extra's seeds. You're Fabled lemon bushes should now sell for the best possible price.

With the right seeds i.e. spotted and citrus cactus and I think maranta's, if you're careful, its possible not to sell any plants until you have sold fabled lemon bushes for $1000+, that's how you can get very high average price's.
Oh you also need some of the other magic plants. Especially The golden berries of wealth as it makes people pay more for plants and the one that attracts visitors helps too.I trashed all my plants and used my blue growth chem (and more purchased by selling seeds and catching bugs) to nurse all the other magic plants to maturity. Use selling seeds and catching bugs to finance any chems you need.
As an exanple my average price is currently $1138 but I sold Lemon bushes lower than the max price a bit earlier on. Certainly with level 3 soil you should be able to clear all your plants at $1186, not sure if you can get prices quite this high with lower level soils as I didn't try it this high, I think I was getting at least $1138 though so it's worth trying. Hope this works for you too Have fun, happy pruning 8\)

Edited by Oldboy (02/09/08 11:56 PM)

#119086 - 02/09/08 11:35 PM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: Oldboy]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

Loc: MA
I like the fact that LMB's have the high pruning factor too -- helps build on stats. When I was playing I never asked for 1,000+ for the fabled, but good to know if I start another game. If you have Borg's VST, you can self-pollinate a few good quality Fabled LMB's and get a whole planting of them and save a lot of seeds... lots of pruning opportunities! A nice fertilizer bomb for the whole thing, and it looks pretty when all are in full bloom. I self pollinate the best looking plants for next planting.

#119216 - 02/10/08 11:57 PM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: Rainbowlady333]
Oldboy Offline
Trainee

Borg VST? I guess thats some kind of mod. Got to admit not had a lot of experience of mods, how does it work?

#119217 - 02/11/08 12:02 AM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: Oldboy]
Oldboy Offline
Trainee

Oooo I can't edit the original post, Does this mean its locked? I wanted to highlight the Spoiler Plant name. Could admin do this for me please, as I can't. Oh and plz change the final 'You're' to 'your' my spelling is alway's suspect LoL Thanks

Edited by Oldboy (02/11/08 12:07 AM)

#119218 - 02/11/08 01:05 AM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: Oldboy]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The post isn't locked, but forum members can edit [their own] posts for up to 6 hours after they are posted. Unfortunately, if you don't catch errors within that time, you're kind of stuck with them. If we took the time to fix everyone's spelling errors, there wouldn't be any new games from LDW to talk about here! \:\) I only edit posts to tag spoilers and fix things that violate the forum rules.

#119222 - 02/11/08 02:02 AM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: LadyCFII]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

Loc: MA
There is a post (search for it) on Borg's Virtual Seed Tray (VST), a utility for Plant Tycoon, that lists what plants you have created, which ones you need, and lets you store seeds in a "virtual seed tray". It is not exactly a cheat -- you can opt to have spoiler info hidden, but it does come in handy when all three of your trays are full, full, full! Downloadable and simple, for Windows, and I found it very helpful in tracking and storing. Read the directions thoroughly on how to use it. If this is for you, then enjoy; if not ... that's quite alright at least you know :).

#119321 - 02/12/08 12:22 AM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: LadyCFII]
Oldboy Offline
Trainee

He He, lol thought that might be the case, but you never know till you ask, thanks anyway I was more worried about the plant spoiler name. I've seen some posts with "hidden" text. Is that easy to do? Is there any point doing it retrospectivly (thats my big word for the day lol) as I was going to try and hide some of the more major spoiler bit's for people who didn't want to know. If it cant be done now, no problem, I can live with it.

Idea's are the seed's of the mind..........

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The post isn't locked, but forum members can edit [their own] posts for up to 6 hours after they are posted. Unfortunately, if you don't catch errors within that time, you're kind of stuck with them. If we took the time to fix everyone's spelling errors, there wouldn't be any new games from LDW to talk about here! \:\) I only edit posts to tag spoilers and fix things that violate the forum rules.

#119324 - 02/12/08 12:25 AM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: Rainbowlady333]
Oldboy Offline
Trainee

Thanks that looks really useful 8\)

Originally Posted By: Rainbowlady333
There is a post (search for it) on Borg's Virtual Seed Tray (VST), a utility for Plant Tycoon, that lists what plants you have created, which ones you need, and lets you store seeds in a "virtual seed tray". It is not exactly a cheat -- you can opt to have spoiler info hidden, but it does come in handy when all three of your trays are full, full, full! Downloadable and simple, for Windows, and I found it very helpful in tracking and storing. Read the directions thoroughly on how to use it. If this is for you, then enjoy; if not ... that's quite alright at least you know :).

#119334 - 02/12/08 01:45 AM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: Oldboy]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
"Hiding" spoiler text is very easy to do, as long as you use the "Reply" function and not the Quick Reply. The Reply function gives you access to all of the post formatting tools.

To hide text: Simply select the text that you want to hide, click on the text color icon (3rd from the right - if you hover the cursor over it, you'll see "Color some text"), then select the color that is 5th from the left (the light cream color).

#119819 - 02/16/08 02:27 AM Re: (major spoiler) how to get the best price [Re: LadyCFII]
Oldboy Offline
Trainee

Thanks LadyCFII, by the way I always wondered, what does the CF stand for, and what happened to LadyCFI?? lol ;\) Hey it works \:\) I assume that works if you start a new post too?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter