Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#103510 - 10/17/07 08:06 PM [SPOILER] HELP on the Plant Tycoon Breeder
kerippi Offline

i just d/l the plant tycoon breeder excel file and entered all the plants i have. when i click on a yellow block for the plant i would like to make i don't understand how to read the formula, for example the fourpetal maple, it gives you this formula:

[[[[jalapa pipe cactus] x [venomous fern]] x [venomous fern]] x [[jalapa pipe cactus] x [[jalapa pipe cactus] x [[venomous fern] x [[venomous fern] x [jalapa lemonbush]]]]]] x [[[[jalapa pipe cactus] x [[venomous fern] x [[venomous fern] x [jalapa lemonbush]]]] x [venomous fern]] x [jalapa pipe cactus]]

but i don't understand how to read this... can somebody explain to me how to understand these formulas? thanks so much!!!

Edited by LadyCFII (10/17/07 09:13 PM)

#103512 - 10/17/07 08:12 PM Re: HELP on the Plant Tycoon Breeder Excel File [Re: kerippi]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
OK, each one in the [ ] is a flower and foliage name, x means you have to cross pollinate with the other [ ] flower/foliage name. Help??

thanks Algorithm i tried.

Edited by Deathwing (10/18/07 12:28 AM)

My Pets home

#103529 - 10/17/07 09:58 PM Re: [SPOILER] HELP on the Plant Tycoon Breeder [Re: kerippi]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: kerippi
[[[[jalapa pipe cactus] x [venomous fern]] x [venomous fern]] x [[jalapa pipe cactus] x [[jalapa pipe cactus] x [[venomous fern] x [[venomous fern] x [jalapa lemonbush]]]]]] x [[[[jalapa pipe cactus] x [[venomous fern] x [[venomous fern] x [jalapa lemonbush]]]] x [venomous fern]] x [jalapa pipe cactus]]
The way to read it is to find the plants that don't have extra [[ or ]] around them.

i.e.

1. [jalapa pipe cactus] x [venomous fern] = (A)
  2. [ (A) ] x [venomous fern] = (B)
  3. [venomous fern] x [jalapa lemonbush] = (C)
  4. [venomous fern] x [ (C) ] = (D)
  5. [jalapa pipe cactus] x [ (D) ] = (E)
  6. [ (E) ] x [venomous fern] = (F)
  7. [ (F) ] x [jalapa pipe cactus] = (G)
  8. [jalapa pipe cactus] x [ (E) ] = (H)
  9. [ (B) ] x [ (H) ] = (I)
  10. [ (I) ] x [ (G) ] = Fourpetal Maple
You'll also notice that as you start creating the plants needed and fill in those cells, the formulas will get similer.

There also may be places in the formula where a plant needs to be created and then used more than once. i.e. (E) above is used twice in the formula.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#103544 - 10/17/07 11:33 PM Re: [SPOILER] HELP on the Plant Tycoon Breeder [Re: sfrose]
kerippi Offline

thanks, i'll give it a try and see if it works!

\:D

#103548 - 10/18/07 12:20 AM Re: [SPOILER] HELP on the Plant Tycoon Breeder [Re: kerippi]
Algorithm Offline
Trainee

Loc: maryland
that was a very good question by kerippi, and an outstanding answer by sfrose. and kudos to deathwing as well.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter