Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#117046 - 01/18/08 06:51 PM Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans...
blueovalgal Offline

Does anyone know whether these two plants will show up in the seed store? I have 527 and a little less than $700,000. I don't mind waiting for it, if it will eventually show up in the store... when I had about $400,000, I tried mutating with the hopes to get the plants to no avail... almost went broke doing that! ;\) Thanks for anything you can tell me.

#117049 - 01/18/08 06:56 PM Re: Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: blueovalgal]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
If you wait for the seeds in the store it could take a long time! I got mine by mutation.

#117052 - 01/18/08 07:05 PM Re: Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: laurence]
blueovalgal Offline

Originally Posted By: laurence
If you wait for the seeds in the store it could take a long time! I got mine by mutation.

I was afraid someone was going to say that! I've been waiting about three weeks... ha I guess I'll have to try the mutating again... do you happen to remember what plants you mutated to get them? Thanks!

#117053 - 01/18/08 07:14 PM Re: Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: blueovalgal]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I don't remember exactly what I have done, I mutate several plants of (as it's a spoiler, highlight the following to read) Spotted Multiflora and Painted Ridgeball to get a Spotted Ridgeball - and Baccatus Reptans and Tilia Scandens to get a Tilia Reptans (end of spoiler)

#117054 - 01/18/08 07:17 PM [Spoiler] Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: blueovalgal]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
SPOILER hidden -> highlight start: Mutation is the key to some reptans and the ridgeballs. Start out with a Tilia Scanden and it will go to either a reptan so something else OR work your way down with a Citrus. As for a Ridgeball, start with a spotted ballcactus and work your way to a ridgeball OR try a spotted Multiflora and you may get one. <- end here.

Because as I have watched the store seeds, I don't think either of those seeds turn up. (But don't quote me on this)

My Pets home

#117057 - 01/18/08 07:38 PM Re: [Spoiler] Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: Deathwing]
blueovalgal Offline

Thank you both for your help!! I'll try it... \:D Barbara

#117058 - 01/18/08 07:40 PM Re: Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: blueovalgal]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: blueovalgal
... $700,000 ...
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but with $700,000 and just one seed I believe you could mutate darn near any seed in the game if you know how mutation works.

perhaps the chart tool in Virtual Seed Tray might help you to visually see which seeds you do have that are good candidates for mutation.

my advice would be to take the seed on the chart that is closest to the seed you want, cross breed it with itself to makes 11 plants. use mutation liquid on 10 of the plants to get a plant that is closer on the chart than the original plant. then take that plant, cross breed it with itself to make 11 plants, then mutate 10 of them to get a plant yet even closer on the chart to the seed you want. mutating 10 at a time you have a very small chance that statistically you won't get a plant that is in the correct direction on the chart, which is why you saved the 11th seed to cross breed with itself to make 11 more to try again.

if you are not sure what seed is closest or how mutation works, download Virtual Seed Tray and post a copy of your chart and I (we) will gladly suggest what to do. with $700,000 you really should be able to make any seed you want with very little trouble.

#117060 - 01/18/08 08:28 PM Re: Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: Borg]
blueovalgal Offline

Hi, Borg,

I wanted to see if I could complete the game without using the virtual seed tray and using what I had on hand. I will admit that I had/was having a hard time truly understanding how mutation works. So instead, I played the game every day, waiting for the seeds to show up in the store, selling plants, and "saving" my money. As you can see, I wasn't too sure if I could get it and decided to ask for help/opinions.

Thanks for helping me understand!

#117070 - 01/18/08 09:06 PM Re: Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: blueovalgal]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
I got them both by mutation. Everyone also explained it but this should probably be a spoiler thread anyway. Mutation is probably the only way. SPOILER HIGHLIGHT I got lucky with buying a Tilia Scandens seed which I mutated into Tilia reptans. Spotted ridgeball was mutated from a spotted multiflora. END SPOILER

#117381 - 01/21/08 08:55 PM Re: Spotted Ridgeball and tilia reptans... [Re: Jazzo]
Morning0320 Offline

You can mutate a plant one than once. What I did was get a couple of seeds that it can be made from and just kept mutating that one plant until it gave me what I wanted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter