Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#185105 - 03/18/09 09:31 PM Old villagers and crop times
Christin Offline

I'm new to this game. I play on my Iphone.

I was wondering, is there a way to make an eldery villager young again? I seem to remember in VV1 I could...

Also, any ideas on why it used to take a short amount of time to have my farm grown now its like 360 minutes? Its a pain in the butt!! Any way to shorten it? The more farmers I put to water the crop doesnt seem to make it go any faster!

-Thanks all

Edited by LadyCFII (03/19/09 12:21 AM)
Edit Reason: Clarified thread subject

#185106 - 03/18/09 10:17 PM Re: Old villagers [Re: Christin]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
To make an elderly villager young again in VV1, I think it was because of an event!
In VV2, there is something like that when you resolve all the puzzles or almost! wink

To shorten the amount of time for the farm growing, the only thing to do is to change the speed of the game (in the options)
There is always the same amount of time, in the same speed, between 2 arrivals of crops whatever time you use to the harvesting. And no, watering the crops doesn't change anything! frown smirk

#185107 - 03/18/09 10:33 PM Re: Old villagers [Re: laurence]
Christin Offline

Thanks!

my fave guy is an elderly now frown [censored] it!

okay so i set my speed to 1/2 time... still takes as long but my guys don't eat as fast i gues...

and i moved all the guys off watering to research! only 40k more pts to level 3 farm. I hope my little buggers make it till then!

#185110 - 03/19/09 12:26 AM Re: Old villagers [Re: Christin]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Researching Medicine Technology increases the age at which villagers become elderly.

There are a fixed amount of crops on the farm each time they appear, and they are replenished on a fixed schedule. Putting more farmers there will cause the farm to be empty longer, since all of the crops are harvested much more quickly with many farmers gathering them. You aren't being shortchanged on your crops, since the next cycle of crops will appear when they are scheduled to grow, based on game speed.

#185111 - 03/19/09 12:34 AM Re: Old villagers [Re: LadyCFII]
Christin Offline

Ohhh sorry I didnt see the Iphone forum section!

I see that now about the Medical Tech. I gotta get the lvl 3 farming one first though frown

I get it with the farms now! I had all my workers pull the crops before i had went to bed thinking that helps replenish faster. Now that I know...

Many thanks guys!!

#185381 - 03/27/09 01:08 AM Re: Old villagers [Re: Christin]
p9939068 Offline

So watering the crops does nothing other than to increase the farming experience of the villagers? If I do not water the crops at all, will they still grow?

#185397 - 03/27/09 04:50 AM Re: Old villagers [Re: p9939068]
Unicorn

Yes, the crops will still grow without being watered. However, your farmers do need to gain experience, and watering the crops gives them valuable farming experience.

#186215 - 04/09/09 06:33 AM Re: Old villagers [Re: LadyCFII]
RhymeswithBaby Offline

I am playing the Lite version with a restricted population of 8 villagers. (I do have a paid version of the game, but I am actually playing both.)

In the Lite version, out of 8 villagers I have 7 females and one male. The male is elderly. What are my options?

#186225 - 04/09/09 03:08 PM Re: Old villagers [Re: RhymeswithBaby]
Unicorn

The Lite version is very challenging in a number of ways, but particularly in the area of gender imbalance caused by the limited population. The Lite version is intended as a demo, although it's possible to complete the game if everything goes well. I've done it many times, but I've also lost tribes due to the inability to continue producing offspring.

The most helpful possibility is a fairly good chance of one of the tribe-saving Island Events happening in your game, especially if you change the game speed setting to the slowest speed once you have a population lower than 8 (not paused, which will cause events to be skipped). There is no facility in the game for "deleting" a villager.

#186229 - 04/09/09 05:05 PM Re: Old villagers [Re: LadyCFII]
RhymeswithBaby Offline

Thank you for the reply.

My original question had to do with managing a limited population. The gist of my question involved whether there is a way to directly influence which villagers are interred in the sacred area for the dead, and, more importantly, when. It's the direct influence I was interested in, and it looks like that's not available.

I understand about keeping the questions family friendly, and I apologize for my poor choice of words originally. However, in the edited text, the words now attributed to me do not make logical sense.

Thank you for your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter