Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#182519 - 01/28/09 02:34 PM Forumers of Isola
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Prologue
Seven rebellious tribe members, each fed up with the elders trying to coax them to learn something, left the western shore of Isola. Not one of them returned. Not one of them regretted leaving. They wouldn't have returned even if they could.
Gamemastr1 had lost his wife a few years back. He was earning healing, but he had to drop it to care for his daughter, Airstream Raider. With the elders constantly telling him to leave his daughter and pick up healing, halidog easily convinced him to grab his daughter and leave.
HappyPlayer was, by far, the hardest to convince. She had family that loved her and didn't want her to leave. She was to get married soon, and was starting to get the skill she chose. For some reason, she quickly changed her mind on whether or not to go when she found out which guys were going.
Rockmower and laurence were both annoyed with the nagging of elders and siblings, and were not much harder than Gamey to persuade.
A young boy, the youngest in the village by far, named williamani, was looking for adventure and excitement, not school lessons. He secretly sneaked aboard as the group was leaving. Nobody realized he was on until dinner.
"I'll get some food, hali," Gamey said, opening the barrel of food williamani was hiding in. They both jumped in fright, making the raft tip slightly.
"William!" laurence shouted in surprise. "What are you doing here? We have to turn back to bring you home!"
"We can't, laurence," halidog replied. "I can't see the shore anymore. We'll have to take him along."
They floated in their raft for 3 days before a storm struck. Nobody could see anything, and the last thing anyone remembered was hearing the wave carrying them break.

Chapter 1
Rockmower and halidog were the first to wake up, so they cleared the debris of the boat and got everyone under a nearby tree and out of the rain. The thing that shocked them most was that HappyPlayer now had a baby.
When everyone woke up, the storm was dying down, and the villagers could see one another.
When the rain cleared, everyone started exploring the island. Gamey found a beehive full of honey and bees, some torches, some grass, and the debris. Rockmower found an unfinished hut, and since he and halidog gained some experience in building from clearing the debris, he could start building the hut. The first thing halidog saw was a beautiful yellow and red robe. He called everyone over, and everyone started to try it on.
AR and WM were too small, laurence was too bothered by the material, Rockmower was too tall to fit in it, and the bright colors bothered Gamey too much. Halidog tried it, and it fit perfectly. He was the new chief.
After that, halidog and laurence explored the island. They soon came across two huts: one for researching and the other seemed to look like it was for healing. They used the healing hut to sleep in, and with halidog's help, laurence became a scientist.
Gamey lit a fire, and tried an idea he had in his head. He can smoke the bees out. He grabbed a torch, lit it, and set it near the hive. It worked. He could harvest the honey.
AR and WM were spotting collectibles and mushrooms that nobody else saw, and were almost trampled. So far, everything was going well in the new tribe.

Forumers of Isola - Comments

Edited by Rockmower (01/29/09 10:39 PM)
Edit Reason: insert links

#182608 - 01/30/09 01:01 AM Re: Forumers of Isola [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 2
With halidog's encouragement, laurence quickly became an adept scientist. HappyPlayer's baby was starting to get too big for her to hold, so she was going to let it play with WM and AR soon.
My child will soon be playing with others around her age. Now, as a mother, I worry a lot about this child. Where will it sleep when I have to let it go? What about the extra food? Will Gamey be able to handle getting food for eight now that the beehive has no more honey? I'll eat less so my child can have some food, but Gamey needs to get more food. He planted a tree, so I hope that gives fruit soon. The baby's crying, got to go.

HappyPlayer knew it was time to let her baby down after she tried to hush her baby doing whatever she could. She would name the baby and the dad in front of the whole tribe.
"And I name my girl Havetia, and her father is halidog!"
Everyone looked at halidog in surprise. The tribe cheered as Havetia started to run around.
Havetia was a very messy girl. She played in the dirt, never cleaned her room, and only took a bath when her mother made her. She soon had leaves in her light brown hair, just like Rockmower.
"Now Hav," her mother would say, "clean up your area." Her father, halidog, did many lectures on cleanliness and neatness. Nothing worked; she was always messy. Her parents eventually stopped trying to convince her to clean up, it was a lost cause. Whatever they did, Havetia would just make it even dirtier in about ten minutes.
Soon, the only things her parents could find out of Havetia's mess was a green skirt and top. They made sure that was frequently washed, and that she had a few new pairs of clothes.
Now that a third child was collecting items, HappyPlayer was free to do anything. She picked up researching with laurence and halidog.

Edited by Rockmower (01/30/09 09:02 PM)

#183021 - 02/03/09 10:22 PM Re: Forumers of Isola [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 3
As the days went on, laurence soon became a master scientist. Since there was little food, halidog created more, and they had a feast in her honor. There was dancing, and gifts. I think she liked Gamey's shell necklace the best...
Not long after, Rockmower finished the hut. It was built to fit seventeen, and everyone was happy that they could sleep in a warm bed instead of on a cold floor or in a pile of hay. Everyone except Havetia, that is, since she has to clean up her mess. It took a while, but she finally cleaned everything up. Within her mess, she found two small fish in a little bowl, many clothes, and even a dead bird! When her mother asked why she had this stuff, she replied "I like fish, and I was meaning to bury Mr. Squaky somewhere!" Her mother just frowned slightly, but left it at that.
Soon, a debate broke out in the research lab. There were enough tech points to choose a faction, but which one?
"We need nature, laurence."
"Gamey's fine on his own! He doesn't need help! We need extra tech points; magic needs to be a priority!"
"Nature stretches out the food supply! We'll have more food!"
"Magic!"
"Nature!"
"Ladies! I'll decide what we need most!"
"But this is important, and affects everyone." They both said, leaving halidog with a dilemma: Which faction to choose?
Now that Rockmower was done with the hut, he decided to help research. Gamey, still waiting for his tree to mature, also pitched in during his spare time.
I hate disagreeing with HP, but I think She's just too self-confident. What if we don't get enough tech points in time? Gamey can farm on his own; he's great at it. I don't want to let the tribe down. It won't matter if Gamey can harvest food faster, there's a limited supply.
I hate disagreeing with laurence, but she has to understand that nature is better for the tribe. We can get more scientists, but there's only a limited amount of food. If we buy nature, we can stretch our food supply. That's more important now. I hope my husband agrees, though.

To solve his dilemma, halidog asked a trusted friend of his, Rockmower.
"Rock, what should I do? I don't want to upset the tribe, but I have to make this decision, and once made it can't be changed! How do I know which to choose for all of us?"
"I'd say go with instinct, and we'll weather it."
With the faction chosen, laurence and HP went back to researching. AR turned 14, and is now researching the ways of nature.

Edited by Rockmower (02/04/09 07:42 AM)

#184305 - 02/26/09 09:09 PM Re: Forumers of Isola [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 4
"Good morning, bed! Good morning, mess! Good morning... New dress? What the...?" Hav asked herself. She looked in the mirror as she tried it on. The first thing she noticed was her hair.
"My hair! What happened? The leaves are gone! And it's straight, and a darker brown! Mom, help!"
"What is it, darling?" HP asked.
"My hair! It's neat! And I have a new dress!"
"Of course you do. It's all to help you get settled. The last part of getting settled is your bath."
"Buh-buh-bath? Eek!" Hav said as she started running out of the hut... Straight into the rain. HP soon got her clean with the help of the drizzle.
"Now Hav, you're nice and clean. Now, let's-Hav, get out of the... Puddle." HP was too late. Hav was splashing and having a good time. Soon, WM joined her. They had a great time, and Hav wouldn't get out, much to HP's disapproval.
"Hav, you need to be clean!"
"Sorry mom, but I don't want to. I'm just a little girl."
"Fine." HP sighed.

AR couldn't quite grasp farming, so she took to researching with everyone else. WM and Hav helped collect items, and AR, not quite being an adult yet, made use of the collectibles in the lab, and for fun.

#185180 - 03/21/09 06:32 PM Re: Forumers of Isola [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 5
"AR, you have to choose a man now. You're 18, and we need to keep the tribe growing."
"Daddy, I don't want to!"
"But you have to, AR."
"How come I have to? Laurence hasn't chosen a man yet, and you haven't chosen a woman since..."
"... I know. Laurence must choose someone soon, but my case is different."
"How is it different? Neither of us are wed now!"
"Because..."
"Please, spare me the trouble, dad. I'll just leave the hut now."
"What happened to the daughter I knew?"
"She's..."AR said, trailing off. Then she left, silenced by Gamey's words.
As AR walked out, laurence came into the hut. She had a secret to tell Gamey. They had been getting along very well recently, and she had selected her man. But when she saw AR's face, she decided that she would have to wait to tell Gamey.
"What's wrong, AR?"
"Daddy and I had another fight over when I get married. I like our village, but I don't really love any of the villagers. It's horrible, I know. I may never have a family."
"You've got Gamey, and I'll be your adopted mother, if you want."
"Thank you, laurence."
"Now why don't you run off and research, okay?"
"Thank you, I will."

Meanwhile, AR's words stuck in Gamey's head...He had to find laurence. He left the hut, and almost collided with her.
"Laurence, I have to talk to you."
"Umm... Okay, Gamey..."
"Let's go someplace private, like the coral reef."
"Sure, whatever you want."
"Laurence, I have something important to tell you. I...I love you."
"Gamey, why didn't you tell me?" I love you too!"
"I never suspected you'd love me too."
And the tribe had a new couple.

Edited by Rockmower (03/23/09 01:59 AM)

#185972 - 04/05/09 02:17 PM Re: Forumers of Isola [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 6
Soon, the new couple, along with halidog and HappyPlayer, had kids. Both were girls; nearly twins, though one had straight, black hair and the other had brown curls. Gamey and laurence named their first Elisa725, and HP and hali named theirs HelloWorld.
The two girls were clumsy, but got along well.
"I guess I'll at least have a half-sister", AR said.
WM turned 18 not long after AR, and Hav was 14, so these two girls were in charge of collecting the collectibles, and since AR and WM were 18, Hav made them into fun objects for the kids. The 'twins' loved Hav, since she was more kid than adult. She never liked baths, and loved playing with them both. Also, Hav loved to run. She held races in her free time. Once a year, the Isola villagers made a 'Hav Invitational Race'. Anyone who wanted to would run around the entire island.

Soon, with all the help researching, there was enough tech points to get a second level in nature. Soon, they made a stew so foul, the sharks would have to be scared away. Halidog tested this theory by bringing a bowl of the putrid mixture to the ocean. Long story short, it worked. Laurence hugged Gamey. HP hugged hali. Hav hugged WM.
After the celebration, Gamey started fishing. He easily caught one; he had not lost his touch.

#192409 - 05/07/09 07:47 PM Re: Forumers of Isola [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 7
HP woke up one day not long after letting her girl down. She had another child, naming this one Gerber. He had red hair, and was starting to get fidgety. He was crying, so HP got up to get him something. She noticed her steps were slowed as she tried to get to Gerber, and that Hav seemed faster than usual. Maybe it was her mind playing tricks on her, but halidog saw it too. He consulted the Guiding Hand about it.
"Oh Guiding Hand, why is my wife slower?"
"As one gets older, one gets slower. As one gets slower, one gets wiser. As one gets wiser, one should be more often listened to."
"But-but what does that mean?"
"You are the chief, you must figure that out."
"Please!"
It was too late to ask the Guiding hand; he had already left. Halidog had to figure it out on his own, much to his despair. He told HP what the Guiding Hand had said.
"Maybe he means that you need me to help make decisions?"
"Actually... I think that might be it!" Thanks!" Hali said, kissing HP on the cheek before making an announcement.

"I have something to tell you all," halidog said. "I am making a council of advisers! The first member shall be my wife, HP!"
"He only did that because she's his wife," laurence, who had a baby named Jazzo, muttered under her breath.
"Anyone aged 50 or older will be accepted."

#197956 - 06/06/09 04:35 PM Re: Forumers of Isola [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Chapter 8
"Yeah mom? What happened next?" Hav asked.
"Yeah, mom, What happened?" Gerber chimed in, repeating what his sister said.
"Please tell us," Jazzo said, waiting to hear more.
"I would love to, but I cannot," HP said. "The story is up to you, children. I am getting old, and so are your parents. You are the new generation. You choose what is studied, who farms, who builds, and you must figure out what happens to this island. Have fun with what we have left you, for you shall determine the future."
The end.

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter