Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 197 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#163560 - 07/15/08 09:15 PM The Sweet Potatoes
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
Sweet Potato is the name of the tribe/village/city. This is a true story.

My name is Tilli.

I am very sad. My tribe, my family, is nearly gone. All that’s left are me and Mr. Grunt.

It’s very hot today. Mr. Grunt and I are working as best as we can. Tensions are very high between us at the moment.

My only friends now are the sharks. I hate the birds. I hate how they seem to be able to find morsels on the ground to eat and I can find nothing! The way things are going, we might starve.

IT’S RAINING!! IT’S RAINING!! I am so happy that I feel like dancing! Mr. Grunt went to stand on the lift while I try to work on research! How’m I supposed to concentrate on science when it’s RAINING?! I can’t wait to see what kind of fruit we get!

It turns out what we planted is a mango tree!! I can’t wait to see what mango tastes like – I’ve never had any in my life!

While Mr. Grunt was up on the lift, he told me he saw a pink diamond. Although pink is not his favorite color, he did admit that it looked kind of pretty and definitely very interesting. Neither of us has any idea why there is a pink diamond sitting on the cliff, way out of reach. But I should really be studying right now. After all, we desperately need those technology points! I’m not sure for what exactly. The long-term goal is to render the sharks docile somehow. But with our current level of medicine, Mr. Grunt will become old and cantankerous in ten years time. And he’s 40.

Oh no. Mr. Grunt and I just realized something. If I have a baby when the tree has grown, who’s gonna pick the mangoes? Mr. Grunt can’t, he’s tribal chief. I guess I’m gonna have to have the baby right now. Oh joy.

Well, I am now carrying a helpless little infant around with me. I’m now very worried. What if I die before the babe turns two? That would leave poor Mr. Grunt all on his own. I gotta stay strong for our baby and for Mr. Grunt.

Oh, I don’t know if I can make it! My stomach growls constantly and my legs are weak and trembly. My poor baby is constantly crying from lack of food. We need food now!

It’s raining again! But now I’m afraid my babe may catch cold. I hope Mr. Grunt can manage to get the fruit on his own, because I have my hands full!

YEEEEEESSSS!!! Mr. Grunt planted a papaya tree! Now we just have to wait impatiently for our trees to finish growing so we can EAT!

My name is Dodi. I am six years old. My mommy and daddy died. I am sad.

I made a potion. I feel bad about making the potion. Mommy and Daddy always told me not to. I drank the potion. I am not as hungry now.

The trees did finish growing. I put Tilli on picking fruit, but she and Mr. Grunt still starved.
===============================================================
Aw! When Tilli was a child, she had this wonderful giggle that always made me smile. Dodi, her son, has the same giggle!

Dodi is doing great. Check out his health bar!

He is managing to keep himself busy gathering collectibles and mushies. I'm hoping he'll be able to gather enough duplicate collectibles so that I can purchase the second level of Alchemy for him. Never know when he'll need another health potion.

I made a sandcastle today! It's for a friend of mine. Her name is Sanda. She is a little elf that lives in sand. She loves her new home. She told me I am very sweet. I'm glad to do something nice for her. I really like Sanda.

=======================================================================
Sanda likes to ride on my shoulder every morning. Sometimes she will curl up and fall asleep. When she does that, I try to stay still for very long periods of time so she can get a good nap.

Sometimes she sings or recites poetry. This is her favorite poem. It doesn't make any sense to me, but she loves to say it over and over again.

If I spot a dragon
Flying high in the air
I will blink to make sure it is real

Her favorite type of poetry is the haiku. This is one I wrote for her:

Wonderful laughter
Keep those peals coming always
Music to my ears

She says she loves it and will treasure it always. Sometimes she says my poem, and after she does, she always giggles.

And sometimes, Sanda and I will just sit and talk. We talk about all sorts of stuff. We talk about everything from how her sandcastle stays up during high tide (she says she uses a little magic) to whether the moon is made of cheese (I have no idea what cheese is, but Sanda assures me it is a true delicacy)

Dodi is still as healthy as ever, thank goodness. He is now nine years old. I just wish he would act more like a kid. When it rains, I actually have to pick him up a few times before he goes to play in the puddles.

I once caught him playing in the dirt all by himself!

Dodi often goes to contemplate the tribe, and then I think "What tribe?" I'm just glad things are running smoothly, apart from that nearly-his-whole-tribe-is-dead-and-only-a-mircalous-event-can-save-it.

===========================================================================
During a storm today, I saw a red mushie. But when I went to get Dodi, I saw him playing in the puddles all by himself! I couldn't bring myself to ruin his fun, especially since he usually doesn't play very much. When he was finished, I dragged him down to the place I'd seen the red mushie. It was still there!

At twelve, Dodi looks so much bigger. I'm gonna miss his laugh when he gets older. But when he hits fourteen, it will mean just four more years until he can start receiving events. Sadly, fourteen will not have any other significance for him. After all, tribal chiefs do not work. At least, not in the usual sense.

Oh, by the way, Dodi's duplicate collectibles paid off! I purchased the second level of Alchemy for him. So if he ever needs that health potion again, he will have a decreased risk of blowing up!

===========================================================================
Well, it turns out I was mistaken about fourteen meaning nothing! When I checked on Dodi today, not only had he turned fourteen, but there was an event! It wasn’t a miraculous event, but he did gain 2000 tech points as a result. Maybe if he gets enough of those tech point events, I can purchase the second level of Medicine for him!

I haven’t seen Sanda since my fourteenth birthday. I think she has disappeared for good. To be honest, I don’t really miss her. I’m a teenager now. Teenagers don’t need imaginary friends.
============================================================================
This night I had a dream. In the dream, I saw all that could have been. I saw my mother, Tilli, harvesting fruit while I researched. My father, Mr. Grunt, was directing my work. A young girl and a younger boy were laughing and chasing each other. There was hope in my dream. Now there is nothing but darkness, both the darkness of night and the darkness of lost hope.

There once was a star
So fiery and bright
She had few mars
Oh so light

But then she disappeared
Just like that, one night
She has never reappeared
I feel the bitter bite
Each time I look up at night

Today, a man arrived in a canoe. I screamed when I saw the event!

Truk is definitely a southerner, owing to the fact that he likes berries. He is also weird. If he dislikes green so much, why does he wear it?

Truk is ugly, but I guess I can't expect every male I see to be as cute as Dodi.

To comment on this story, click here.

Edited by LadyCFII (08/01/08 05:07 PM)

#167330 - 08/09/08 05:27 PM Re: The Sweet Potatoes [Re: SpecialPrincess]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Life has been great for the Sweet Potatoes. Kanga-Star, Nari, and Nobu were found in a barrel twenty years ago.

Nobu, Nari, and Kanga-Star

Since then, Kanga-Star and Nari have had three beautiful children: Kari, Lizzie-Tasiri, and Lucky.

Kari is the boy pictured at left. Lizzie-Tasiri is the older girl, and Lucky is the cute little girl in both pictures.

Dodi is 61, but still going strong. And despite the gray in his hair, he is still the cutest of them all.

===============================================================
Whew! I left the tribe on overnight by mistake and I was really worried about them when I woke up. But lo and behold, they were all just fine! They are working steadily towards the second level of Magic. And Kanga-Star is carrying her fourth child.

#167364 - 08/10/08 01:03 AM Re: The Sweet Potatoes [Re: SpecialPrincess]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Oops! I accidentally let Kanga-Star and Dodi have a baby together.

This happened right after Leo turned two. She is the fourth child of Kanga-Star and Nari. Leo is named after her Zodiac sign. I can usually find her running around the center of the village. She is very energetic!

Edited by Rockmower (08/10/08 02:10 AM)

#167589 - 08/11/08 06:36 PM Re: The Sweet Potatoes [Re: SpecialPrincess]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Kodi will never know his father Dodi, who died at age 68. Dodi was buried next to his mother Tilli.

After Dodi died, Nari became the tribal chief.

Truk the southerner lived a happy life in his adoptive tribe. He died at 67 and is buried next to his good friend Dodi.

Nobu died a tragic death at 41. He was experiencing abdominal pains. His tribe could not stand by and watch him suffer, so his mate and the only healer, Lizzie-Tasiri, attempted a procedure to try and cure him. His daughter Nizzie will never know him.

Kodi and Nizzie

Nari and Kanga-Star have had a fifth child together. Her name is Ela. She looks a lot like her sister Leo, and they both like stars.

Ela and Leo

You want to know the best news? The tribe finally discovered the golden berries which tame the sharks. As they fed the sharks the potion, the spirit of Tilli was nearby. Finally, her friends the sharks could become friends of her tribe!

#169778 - 08/29/08 02:47 AM Re: The Sweet Potatoes [Re: SpecialPrincess]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

There have been many births and deaths since I last wrote. Dodi was and will always be, my favorite villager. His tribe will live happily for many generations to come.

The End

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter