Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#2361 - 02/04/05 01:23 PM Something completely different
gamefanatic Offline
Adviser

Loc: Mumbai, India
This is a general question for anyone.....Does anyone have a screensaver installed on their palm os and where can you get them? Also, what use are they since my palm (and probably everyone else's too) switches itself off after 3 minutes inactivity? so, are they just for pleasure or what?

#2362 - 02/04/05 03:42 PM Re: Something completely different
Brenda Offline
Master

I have a screensaver... an aquarium one, in fact. No doubt inspired by my obsession with Fish Tycoon.

It's a beautiful screensaver. I think it's called Mobifish, or something similar. And yes, it's just to look at. My Palm goes off in 3 minutes too (except in Fish Tycoon), so it's really not needed for other than my enjoyment.

#2363 - 02/04/05 05:35 PM Re: Something completely different
Mikani Offline
Superstar

Mobifish? Would that be from the same company that makes Mobipocket? I've got to check that out (Oh, and I don't have a screensaver >.< I just turn my palm off when I'm not playing with it.)

#2364 - 02/05/05 03:00 AM Re: Something completely different
Raynne413 Offline
Active Tester

Loc: Cordova, TN
Here's one that's kind of cute:
http://www.handyent.com/tribe/

And another:
http://www.handyent.com/riverland/

#2365 - 02/05/05 02:07 PM Re: Something completely different
Brenda Offline
Master

Mikani, it might be from the same place, I'm not sure. Mine says it is from www.mobilisoft.com, which I probably picked up from one of the online Palm software stores. Screensavers aren't really necessary, whether you leave the device on or not. But it's a nice piece of eye candy when you need a moment of mental fluff, or just something to show off your color screen with.

Raynne, those are so cute! Dang, I promised myself I wouldn't keep loading stuff on my Palm (I already have THREE, count'em THREE graphics/paint programs, let alone all the games and extra fluffy stuff! lol!)... but I have to try at least one of those! They look like they would be very entertaining and beautifully done as well. Thanks!

#2366 - 02/05/05 06:32 PM Re: Something completely different
Raynne413 Offline
Active Tester

Loc: Cordova, TN
No problem. LOL You should see all of the software on my Axim.

#2367 - 02/06/05 04:36 AM Re: Something completely different
gamefanatic Offline
Adviser

Loc: Mumbai, India
Hey thanks for the website addresses! I shall view these and perhaps install a screensaver....if I have the requisite free space on my tungsten T. I really am a sucker for games,and anything "new" for my handheld! I think it will be my ultimate downfall......

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter