Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 170 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#206922 - 08/06/09 03:10 AM Marketing idea for VF/FT/VV for iPhone
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The DMverse
Every so often, Apple runs a back page ad in the Wall Street Journal featuring a selection of outstanding iPhone apps. These vary from ad to ad. My idea is, maybe LDW could talk to Apple and ask to have their iPhone games featured in these ads. Having an app featured in an iPhone add is probably a boost for any developer and I am fairly positive that the apps featured in these ads enjoy a boost in sales, since most iPhone app purchases are impulse buys (I read that in a study), so when people read the ad they may want to buy VF/FT/VV if it is featured. Just an idea smile

#206952 - 08/06/09 06:27 AM Re: Marketing idea for VF/FT/VV for iPhone [Re: vfmacfan]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
actually, that is a good idea VFM it would throw LDW more business which is always good in these hard times smile great idea grin

VF2 -80%

#206971 - 08/06/09 03:54 PM Re: Marketing idea for VF/FT/VV for iPhone [Re: VVFanatic]
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

thanks! smile I saw the Sims 3 app in the most recent ad, that's a simulation game like VF. I think it would help LDW for them to try to get VF/FT/VV in one of those ads. I don't know how to contact Apple though, maybe Arthur and Carla know since they would probably be the ones asking to have VF/FT/VV featured... just an idea I had smile

#206984 - 08/06/09 06:02 PM Re: Marketing idea for VF/FT/VV for iPhone [Re: vfmacfan]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
That's a great idea VFMF! The more exposure the game has to the public the better. smile

There are a few more things to consider such as what it takes to have these apps displayed on the advertisement. Extra things to consider are cost and whether the apps are chosen by review or developer's request. These things are left to be considered by LDW of course!

#207042 - 08/07/09 01:39 AM Re: Marketing idea for VF/FT/VV for iPhone [Re: Lyssaria]
vfmacfan Offline
Consigliere

Thanks! I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't just pick apps randomly, the developers have something to do with what apps are chosen. And I'm not totally sure about the cost, maybe you have to pay for it and maybe it's free... not sure. Thanks for the praise, everyone! I hope Arthur and Carla notice this thread soon smirk

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter