Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#109487 - 11/15/07 04:55 AM Terrier Tycoon
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Has anyone suggested a dog tycoon type of game for LDW to develop?

I think dogs would be a good choice for a tycoon game. In real life, a lot more folks have dogs as pets than fish or plants, which makes me think the idea of a dog tycoon game would test very well in market research. If people like fish and plant tycoon, they should love dog tycoon. Dogs are more animated and like us than plants or fish.

What do the masses think? Would a dog tycoon game be something you think you would enjoy? Would you buy it? Any ideas for things you would do differently than plant or fish tycoon to set it apart from those games?

Other than a dog, what animal/vegetable(/mineral?) would you like to see turned into a tycoon game? Can anyone think of a way to make rocks more lovable (Rock Tycoon!)

#109488 - 11/15/07 04:57 AM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: Borg]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
Cats and Birds would be nice don't you think!!!!!

Ava By AR

#109492 - 11/15/07 05:09 AM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

I like cats and birds. i think a good animal for a tycoon game would be one that gives love unconditionally, comes when it is called, and protects its master.

Cats - i've had 3 cats in my lifetime (as well as 3 dogs). cats are very independent, they usually don't come when you call them, and they don't give love unconditionally the way dogs do. on the bright side, you don't have to get out of bed to walk your cat in the rain so it can do its "business" - there is a lot to be said for that. \:\)

Birds - everything i said about cats but 10 times so. at least most cats will come home if you let them out, and will snuggle with you now and then when the mood hits them. most birds, if they haven't had their wings clipped, will fly away for good if you let them out. although i have not tried to snuggle with a bird, i'm guessing most birds are not into snuggling. if memory serves, birds can't control their pooping. so, even if you are able to snuggle with your bird, when the urge hits, you are going to get pooped on. \:\)

#109495 - 11/15/07 06:08 AM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: Borg]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
There is a very long topic starting from here, Started by VI Jr hope you have a good read.

My Pets home

#109554 - 11/15/07 04:48 PM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: Deathwing]
mary4jokes Offline
Trainee

Loc: Minnesota USA
thanks for proving i am not alone! i said basically the same thing about virtual villagers, they should make one for dude ranchers, college students, etc etc etc i could never leave my computer and never sleep either

#109556 - 11/15/07 04:56 PM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: mary4jokes]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
Ref: Borg

My sister in-law snuggles with here bird. She always has a towel to make sure no poope gets on her. Lets it fly arounf the house. So I dont go over to much.

Also how about this animal a rabbit they are cute and furry.

Also my mom's cats, we call them human cats. They try to open doors cet in the cuboards.
And even check this one out. My sisters cat will not drink water unless it is coming from the sink> So she lets it run . And last but not least her cats always poops in the tub by the drain. lol PS She also as a leash to walk him aint that something

Edited by lucas (11/15/07 04:59 PM)

Ava By AR

#109560 - 11/15/07 05:37 PM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

ah. i didn't see that other thread mentioned dogs when i wrote this note, i just saw birds. now i see Jazzo did mention the idea of a dog tycoon over there. so maybe lock this thread and keep all the good ideas over there in one place \:\)

#109597 - 11/15/07 08:59 PM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: Borg]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Why don't they just make a PC version of LPP? That's what I want.

#109598 - 11/15/07 08:59 PM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: Jazzo]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Personally, I'd just be happy with VV3, for the time being.

#109606 - 11/15/07 09:13 PM Re: Terrier Tycoon [Re: Krystal]
RuthieJo Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas, USA
There are a lot of different things that could be made into tycoon games. How about snakes, or any wild creatures,or sea creatures or even (now don't laugh), how about a house tycoon, I think it would be fun to see what types of different houses we could come up with, and add things like solar power, wind power etc.

I have one of the one of the virtual villagers games and I don't really like it too much. I also have Fish Tycoon, and don't think too much of it either.

I love the tycoon games though as a whole though, and would love to be able to beta test some of them.

RuthieJo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter