Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#232530 - 02/17/13 07:21 AM Total Confusion :)
Mary49 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I am new to this forum. I have been playing Virtual Villagers for about a year. I just played for the 60 minutes, then a few months ago I found the sites to purchase the games. I also saw that sites like IWin and other had them for sale. Before I found LDW, I purchased Virtual Villagers 4 from IWin. I have not been able to play the game at all. I have been attempting for 2 months to get them to fix the problem. They keep telling me to try things, which I do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the manager 3 times. I have also called HP and restarted my computer from factory. That also did not work. I am totally frustrated. Then I came upon the LDW website. I was so happy. I bought Virtual Villagers 1-2-3 right away. I planned on purchasing 4-5 next month. I would like to talk to someone about a few things I don't understand. I want refunded by IWin. I don't think should have to pay for something can't use.

#232534 - 02/17/13 07:21 PM Re: Total Confusion :) [Re: Mary49]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
What things do you not understand? I'll do my best to help you with technical issues, and there are a lot of valuable game play resources here on the forums.

If you would like to get a refund from IWin, you will need to contact them. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#232540 - 02/18/13 05:43 PM Re: Total Confusion :) [Re: Xay]
Mary49 Offline

I just didn't understand why my people all died at one time. I was playing the first Virtual Villagers and I played for almost 200 hours total. I checked all my villagers, which were totaling 32 and they were all ok. I went to the bathroom and came back and they were all dead except for a small child. I was almost at the point where I could make my golden child and they all died. I had never gotten that far before and it was upsetting.

#232541 - 02/18/13 08:17 PM Re: Total Confusion :) [Re: Mary49]
RuthieJo Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas, USA
Mary, I own all of the VV's and have only played the first two
on this computer, but have had no problems. I do know if all of your people are around the same age, they could all die at
the same time though. I purchased one from IWin and got one from LDW, the rest came from Big Fish Games I think.

I purchased Plant Tycoon thru Big Fish Games several years ago and it played fine on several different computers. Then I got this new dell desktop and the game played fine for a while, then all of a sudden I couldn't play any more. Barbara tried everything she could think of to help me and nothing worked, then about three or four months ago, I reformatted my computer and a couple of weeks ago, I decided to try Plant Tycoon again, and it played perfectly.

http://dragcave.net/user/GreenDragonMama

#232542 - 02/19/13 04:26 AM Re: Total Confusion :) [Re: RuthieJo]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Without more information, Mary49, it might be impossible to determine why they all passed at once.

It could have been an island event, or perhaps someone changed players on your computer to a different tribe?
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#232554 - 02/21/13 06:51 AM Re: Total Confusion :) [Re: RuthieJo]
Mary49 Offline

Thank you RuthieJo smile

That was the only problem that i had encountered. Other than that I really enjoyed the game. I am disabled so I kept the game going all day while I read or did my projects. It was actually kind of funny because I get up for 2 minutes at the most, I had check each islander and made sure they were healthy and came back and they were gone. I started over. I just wondered why something like that would happen.

#232555 - 02/21/13 06:53 AM Re: Total Confusion :) [Re: Xay]
Mary49 Offline

Xay,

I started over smile I will see if it happens again. Where can I post a question about VV 5? I just wanted to know how my islanders can get building experience when there is nothing to build. I can't do the one statue without a Master Builder which I don't have. I have nothing that I can see that I can build.

#232557 - 02/21/13 06:39 PM Re: Total Confusion :) [Re: Mary49]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Mary,

The discussion forum for VV5 is here.

I've been playing VV games for several years now and have never come across - personally or in the forums - any instances of the villagers dying in that way before, especially as the game was running at the time.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter