Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#231049 - 03/22/12 11:12 PM CDs?
jreidsma Offline

Hi everyone smile

I have VV 1 and 2 on CD's and I was wondering how I would go about getting 3,4, and 5 on CD's if possible? There used to be a spot on the VV website(s) saying where to buy CDs if they were available.

#231051 - 03/22/12 11:27 PM Re: CDs? [Re: jreidsma]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Unfortunately, we no longer have the capacity to ship CDs to our customers. We are a small family studio and we don't have the means to make CDs and send them or sell them in stores. The good thing is that you will always be able to go back to our site (http://www.ldw.com) and re-download the latest version of the game (if needed). When we update, the updates are available on our site for free (when you get a CD you may end up with an older version).

You can make your own CD if you wish. smile It does differ depending on what operating system you have, but we have directions for both.

WINDOWS:

If you are using Windows XP, you can follow these steps to copy the game's installer to a CD for safekeeping:

Insert a blank, writable CD-R into your CD drive
Open My Computer and navigate to the folder where you stored the downloaded game installer file. (To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.)
Click on the game installer file to highlight it.
In the left pane, under File and Folder Tasks, click on the link that says Copy this file.
In the Copy Items dialog box that comes up, click on the icon for your CD drive, and then click Copy.
Open My Computer and double-click the icon for your CD drive. Windows will display a temporary area where files are held before they are copied to the CD. Verify that the game's install file appears under Files Ready to be Written to the CD.
Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows will display the CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard.
You may want to verify that the install file was copied to the CD. Open My Computer and double-click the icon for your CD drive. The game's install file should appear in the file window.

The procedure that you need to use in Windows Vista or Windows 7 depends upon which edition you have installed on your computer. Consult the Windows help files for the appropriate information. If you are using a different version of Windows, you may need to use a separate program that is designed to write data files to a CD drive.

MAC:

You can back up the setup file by putting the downloaded compressed (zip) file onto a CD for safekeeping.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#231052 - 03/22/12 11:42 PM Re: CDs? [Re: Xay]
jreidsma Offline

Hi,
Ok, Thanks laugh

I didn't know there were updates to VV on the computer, I guess we learn something new every day smile

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter