Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#33012 - 08/23/06 09:06 AM LDW Fantasy Football
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Ok, are you ready for some football! The LDW Fantasy Football league is currently taking signups. If you want to play against other fellow LDW posters and staff then let’s get it on! We will be playing on Yahoo Fantasy Sports which is free and only requires a yahoo ID. So if you do not have a yahoo ID, Click here to get your free ID. Yahoo does have age restrictions on ID's so if you are under 16 you will need to have your parents set your ID up for you if you don't already have one. I will need for each of you to email or PM me your Yahoo ID ypwarren@yahoo.com. Once I have your ID I will email you more information as well as updates as we get closer to the start date.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football runs throughout the entire 2006 professional football regular season, which begins on Thursday, September 7 and is scheduled to end on Sunday, December 31. You must be signed up by September 3rd as the automatic draft will be started the evening of September 4th.

If you have not played Fantasy Football before, this is a great opportunity to get your feet wet with fellow LDW fans in a fun and loving atmosphere. As noted above this is an automatic draft, which means all of the NFL players are ranked by their anticipated scoring ability for Fantasy Sports. Which means you really don’t have to do anything or know who is good or who isn’t. The computer will randomly determine the drafting order for all the teams. So the team with the number one pick will draft the #1 ranked player and so on. So jump in and have some fun.

Yahoo limits the number of teams in each league to 20. So depending on the amount of interest we get, we might have to have more then one league. If that is the case we will assign everyone to a league. We will then take the top records from each league and put them into a Super Bowl league to determine who will be the LDW Super Bowl I Champions.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM any time.

Complete rules can be found HERE and FAQ HERE.

#33013 - 08/30/06 09:00 AM Re: LDW Fantasy Football
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

This will be the last reminder of LDW Fantasy Football. The deadline to signup is September 4th. The automatic draft will be turned on the evening of September 4th (This Monday), and once the draft has taken place no one will be able to be added.

Good luck!

#33014 - 09/01/06 04:36 PM Re: LDW Fantasy Football
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Ok, I lied. This will be the last post. The Family and I will be out of town this weekend, so I'm not sure if I will have ISP access. So if you want to play and have not signed up yet, just click on this link. There are currently 10 or so spots still open. If it fills up (I don't think it will), just send me a PM with your yahoo ID and I will add the second league and divide up players.

#33015 - 11/14/06 10:27 AM Re: LDW Fantasy Football
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Just wanted to let everyone know how the LDW Fantasy Football is going. Here are the standings after week 10:

We have a tie for first place. The Flying Muskrats and VVA both have a 7 and 3 records.
We also have a tie for third place; The Village Idiots and Rantin’ and Raven, both with a 5 and 4 record.

Well, and then we have a three-way tie for fifth place; Isola Girls, Village Idiot Jr. and The Golden Children.

Fifster is in 8th place with a 4 and 6 record, then Mummy’s monkeys (7 and 3) and in the 10th place is Isola Chieftans.

The highest score so far this year was scored by The Village Idiot with 109 points (scored in week 9), and the lowest score for the season is currently held by Rantin’ and Raven with a score of 19.

We have four more games until the LDW Super Bowl Playoffs begin, so support your team, and yell loudly!

Our longest win streak is currently 4 (Isola Girls, Rantin’ n Raven, The Flying Muskrats). If Isola Girls win this week that will be 5 in a roll for her.

Our longest losing streak is currently held by Isola Chieftans with 6.

This concludes the update.

#33016 - 11/14/06 09:09 PM Re: LDW Fantasy Football
Rifster Offline
Master

Hmmm so now I am Fifster hahaha

#33017 - 11/15/06 09:31 AM Re: LDW Fantasy Football
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Quote:

Hmmm so now I am Fifster hahaha

Floydient [spl??] slip of the tong….ummmmm I mean finger.

#33018 - 11/21/06 03:35 PM Week 11 Notes:
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

First and fore most, Isola Girls have extended their win streak to five! Way to go Girls! She went from a 1-5 record to 6-5! Just goes to show you, don’t give up! Oh yeah, we also have the Rifster on a five game losing streak. Ouch Mike, what are you doing?

High score this week goes to The Golden Children, racking up 81 points. And low score this week belongs to two teams, Rifster and Rantin’ and Raven.

The closest game this week was between The Flying Muskrats and Isola Chieftans; Chieftans win by 5. The blow out game this week was between Village Idiot Jr. and The Golden Children. The Children won by 38.

As projected, we now have a three-way tie for first; The Flying Muskrats, The Village Idiots and VVA and a three way tie for forth, Isola Girls, Rantin’ and Raven and The Golden Children.

Remember the top four teams will go to the first LDW Supper Bowl. With three games remaining, everyone is still in the hunt.

Also remember there is a game on Thursday, so set your line ups no later then one hour before kick off!

#33019 - 11/21/06 09:08 PM Re: Week 11 Notes:
Rifster Offline
Master

It isn't me, It my stinking players they aren't doing what I am telling them to do

#33020 - 11/23/06 05:12 AM Re: Week 11 Notes:
miwts Offline
Consigliere

Well, the win streak was nice while it lasted I'm surprised it went to 5 as I was sure after last week when Warren called out my 4 game streak, I was jinxed for sure LOL.

The Isola Girls are up against The Village Idiots this week, so I think my streak will end here.

~ Hilo

#33021 - 11/28/06 11:06 AM Re: Week 11 Notes:
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Quote:

Well, the win streak was nice while it lasted I'm surprised it went to 5 as I was sure after last week when Warren called out my 4 game streak, I was jinxed for sure LOL.

The Isola Girls are up against The Village Idiots this week, so I think my streak will end here.

~ Hilo

Well Hilo, I could not do it! The Girls set a new season high scoring record and the streak continues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter