Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#161051 - 07/02/08 08:04 PM The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty.
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
The SPVC is the Society for the Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty.

Originally Posted By: The Dictionary
perpetuate (pr-pch-t)
tr.v. perpetuated, perpetuating, perpetuates
1. To cause to continue indefinitely; make perpetual.
2. To prolong the existence of; cause to be remembered

The Chairman is Lurkily.
The co-Chairperson is Lady Ronin.
His vice-chairperson is Airstream Raider.
Other members of the board of chairpersons will be added as they have the inclination to join.

The SPVC is based on this declaration:

The Guiding Hand's Bill of Rights

Preamble:
Now, therefore the players of the SPVC proclaim this universal bill of the rights of the Guiding Hand as a common standard for all villagers and all villages, to the end that every villager, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by any means necessary to promote respect for these rights and to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the villagers of Member Villages themselves and among the villagers of territories under their jurisdiction.

Article 1:
All villagers are born only with the dignity and rights granted them by the Guiding Hand. The Guiding Hand is endowed with reason and conscience and should act to accomplish its goals as it sees fit, regardless of acute discomfort inflicted upon villagers.

Article 2:
Punishment shall be dispensed only as the Guiding Hand sees fit, in the pursuit of increased productivity or that of punishing the lazy and infirm for their poor performance.

Article 3:
(1) The Guiding Hand has the right to set the standard of living for any tribe and villager, without regard to adequacy for the health and well-being of the villagers, or the number of villagers crammed into each hut.

(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to no special care or assistance. The Guiding Hand shall decide if any such assistance is necessary. Such assistance is more likely to be granted if you moms would finish nursing and get back to sweating.

Article 4:
All Member Tribes shall do everything in their power to accomplish their goals, regardless of such frivolities such as peace, health, and long life. You can eat later. You can sleep later, too. Nobody said love was unconditional.

Those who feel the same way must show it. The SPVC requires nothing to join. All that is asked is that, if you agree, post "SPVC Member" in your signature, or "SPVC Headquarters" (Or some variation thereof) to 'location' in your profile to show that you are against needless pampering of Villagers. By adding that to your profile, you agree to the following:

"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of how I may have pampered virtual villagers in the past, agree to not permit misguided feelings for villagers to hinder my goals further in any way. Having "SPVC Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all."

The form:

Hum. Well, I had a form. Forms are overrated. Vows doubly so. Just say you agree while clicking the heels of your ruby slippers together three times. I'll take your word for it.

Please keep in mind that this is intended as a joke. I honestly don't care if you're offended by my callous treatment of two-dimensional pixels rendered for entertainment value, but my purpose here, in this parody of the SPCV, is to squeeze a chuckle out of you.

And, maybe, convince Lady CFII that salt mines, lion pits, and whips are needed to coax the villagers to work harder, in VV4. Or to get rid of the undesirables.

Articles based on the Universal Bill of Rights. As I'm parodying the SPCV, I decided to use, mostly, the same selections they did.

Edited by Gamemastr1 (07/03/08 11:07 PM)

#161052 - 07/02/08 08:16 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Lurkily]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
LOL Lurkily!!! \:D

That's Lurkily for ya, indeed! \:D

#161056 - 07/02/08 08:52 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: SpecialPrincess]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Hmm, sounds vaguely familiar. Where have I heard that before?

*loud sounds saying "SPCV" flow through my head*

In fact, you even accidentally wrote SPCV instead of SPVC. Hmmmmmm.

#161061 - 07/02/08 09:06 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Jazzo]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

also why did you use the same letters. it got me so confuzed.

#161063 - 07/02/08 09:08 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Jazzo]
EmoEcho Offline
Expert

Loc: blululup
LOL
Nice.

#161064 - 07/02/08 09:12 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: tkdgrl223]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Originally Posted By: Jazzo
In fact, you even accidentally wrote SPCV instead of SPVC. Hmmmmmm.
Yeah, fixed. It's easy to get confused; this is on purpose.
Originally Posted By: tkdgrl223
also why did you use the same letters. it got me so confuzed.
Because it's supposed to be a parody of the SPCV - I intentionally made the two acronyms - SPCV and SPVC - easy to confuse.

#161065 - 07/02/08 09:33 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Lurkily]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Oh there is so much I wish to say but I would get into so much trouble

#161072 - 07/02/08 10:32 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: MochaJew]
LadyRonin Offline
Trainee

Loc: Dru'gotti Tribe, Isola Isle
[giggles madly] I have not been running those forced labor drills for nothing.

You will finish this hut.. now! No no... no eating.. no looking at fishies.. no drinks.. no relaxing.. work!

#161081 - 07/02/08 11:06 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: LadyRonin]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
This picture says it all...
Not a boy in the bunch

Attachments
4673-NotOneBoyintheBunch.jpg

Edited by MochaJew (07/02/08 11:06 PM)

#161088 - 07/02/08 11:39 PM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: MochaJew]
LadyRonin Offline
Trainee

Loc: Dru'gotti Tribe, Isola Isle
that is so awesome! Totally hilarious. Wonderful for him... those poor girls...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter