Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 138 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#108419 - 11/10/07 01:28 PM How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

I've been asked many, many times how I modify images. Well. Here's the answer. I'm putting this in Fan Art since it's sorta art. \:\) It's for PT, but you'll get it. \:\)

How To Make Mods For Plant Tycoon
By Charley

(Used Paint Shop Pro XI for this tutorial, using my Windows PC)

Remember!
Before trying to edit images, ALWAYS backup your game's images!!

....Welcome To Modifying!

Modding can be very fun. It allows you to change the images. In this easy-to-learn tutorial, I will give you the basics on how to modify your game's images.

Questions

Q. What Image Editor Should I Use?
A. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro XI. I don't recommend using Paint, since we need to be able to edit transparency.

Q. TRANSPARENCY?!?!?!
A. Transparency is an area of an image, that is clear. Paint will fill in this transparency with WHITE paint.

What image editors should I use, that you recommend?

I recommend
  • Corel Paint Shop Pro
  • Corel Painter

Let's begin! Our first modification will be a very simple one: Modifying Bugs.
Let's open Paint Shop Pro. Go to File -> Open. Let's go to C:/Program Files/ Plant Tycoon/Small_Bugs.png. Open it.

What To Modify!?!
Let's modify that common Black Moth. It is the insect in the Left-most corner of the image. We're going to splash a new colour on it! Let's use the Target Brush! Shall we change this _bug_ to blue? Yes, let's try. Select a blue colour on the colour selecter, then click on the Target Brush. Just wooosh over this Black Moth's different angles. \:D Congrats! You have mastered the Target Brush! Now go to File -> Save As -> Then Save.

Enjoy!

Links:
Backing up your Images and Other People's Modifications
My website

Hope you enjoyed this short guide to Modifying Plant Tycoon images. You can't modify Fish Tycoon images.

Edited by Kasey323.ink (11/10/07 05:45 PM)

#108424 - 11/10/07 01:38 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: Kasey323.ink]
kittenangel2001 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania
Cool Charley! Thanks for doing this it means alot to alot of people!

#108451 - 11/10/07 05:31 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: Kasey323.ink]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
\:\) Thanks, Charley! that's very helpful!

#108470 - 11/10/07 08:22 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: Kasey323.ink]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
So how do u change the plants not just the colors. Ive seen flowers changed ito fruit how do u do that. Also when u use a mod for the game the palant changed is it changed in the nursey or do they see what the plant really is. I am new at this and would like to know more befor i start lol thanks lucas

Ava By AR

#108472 - 11/10/07 08:26 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: lucas]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Well, Lucas.

Yes, you can change the flowers into god knows (I can!) but you'd have to be more advanced to do stuff like that, and also know what you're doing. I don't really know what you mean by the plant changed question, but, it changes the plant itself. If you mean does a Magic Plant get changed if you modify the images of a certain Magic Flower/Magic Foliage, then yes. That changes too.

#108477 - 11/10/07 08:43 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: Kasey323.ink]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I was planning on doing some mods in VV I was going to copy my backup put it in a new folder on my desktop and change the name to my VV art crations.

Where can I download Corel paint pro? Thank you

Edited by Annthewhofan (11/10/07 09:10 PM)

#108479 - 11/10/07 08:49 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: Annthewhofan]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

You can download PSP (Paint Shop Pro) from http://www.corel.com

#108481 - 11/10/07 08:57 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: Kasey323.ink]
lucas Offline
Guru

REF; KASEY323.INK

WELL HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT DOING THE MODS FOR TO CHANGE PLANTS IF U CAN EXPLAIN IT BETTER OR SOMETHING MAYBE I CAN TRY IT JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT IF U CAN HELP THANKS

Ava By AR

#108482 - 11/10/07 09:06 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: lucas]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Is this what you are asking?

Well, let's say we wanted to make the foliage 'Maranta' into a chrome (silverish) leaves. Then it is very easy:
Open up PSP, go to File -> Dieffenbachia. Now that the Maranta file is opened, go to 'Effects' -> Artistic Effects -> Chrome.

And if you can't understand that, then the best option is to always backup your images, and mess with the backups, but save the modified backup images to another place. \:\) You learn by messing with things. That's all I did to become advanced at this. Get it? I'm sorry, but it's all I can help you with, Lucas.

Edited by Kasey323.ink (11/10/07 09:07 PM)

#108485 - 11/10/07 09:21 PM Re: How to Modify Images - A Short Guide by Charley [Re: Kasey323.ink]
lucas Offline
Guru

DO I NEED A CERTAIN PROGRAM LIKE THE ONE TO MOD. THE IMAGES

Ava By AR

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter