Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54530 - 02/18/07 06:29 AM Need help with Master Farmer
kanona29 Offline

First of all, let me just say that I think VV2 is great!! I've been playing it since it came out on Thursday and I'm thoroughly enjoying the adventure of this new VV installment.

I'm having one problem though. I am really trying to get one of my villagers to become an elder and he is sooo close....

but I am having a hard time turning him into a Master Farmer. He has been the primary farmer since the beginning of the game and now he is SO close to becoming a Master Farmer, but he just won't get there.

I even have him by himself harvesting crops so that he will have even more farming experience, but for some reason his learning bar won't move anymore! It's driving me nuts now because he just turned 50 and I wanted him to become an elder before he passed away or became 'old'.

I guess my question is....will his learning bar eventually move up to Master Farmer? He has been harvesting for hours and now I'm starting to think I missed my chance of making him an elder...

Help!

#54532 - 02/18/07 06:50 AM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: kanona29]
Morigale Offline
Trainee

Loc: Texas
Keep him selected for a while and see if you get the message 'This villager improved at farming' while he's working. The bar moves SO much more slowly when they start to get close to master!
I'm having the same problem with my villager, but I'm getting the message so all I can do is wait and hope.
(You might be able to speed it up slightly by picking him up and moving him back into the field whenever he drops off the food, so he doesn't have to walk.)

#54534 - 02/18/07 07:02 AM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: Morigale]
Eileen Offline

I'm having the same problem and started keeping a closer eye on this farmer and noticed he will do a couple of trips to the ocean and then wander off to either do research or laundry. Of course I'll fuss at him and send him off to the ocean \:\)

#54576 - 02/18/07 01:39 PM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: Eileen]
cjw Offline
Master

Loc: Cambridge, UK
If he's only 50 then I think you're in with a good chance. I had an adept builder in a similar situation and I was starting to despair, but he finally made it. Keep an eye on him and make sure he stays "on-task" and he should get there. Fingers crossed!

#54592 - 02/18/07 03:15 PM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: cjw]
kanona29 Offline

Thanx you guys! Last night I made sure that he was still in farmer mode before I went to bed. And sure enough, when I checked this morning to see how he did, I was elated to discover he had finally become a Master Farmer! Now he's going to work on Mastering Research...another yet close one for him and then he'll be a Village Elder.

I'm really rooting for him to become a Village Elder because he deserves it. He ALWAYS stays on task. Whatever task you give him to do, he stays with it until you place him somewhere else.

Thanx again!

#54593 - 02/18/07 03:17 PM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: cjw]
huskergolfer Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nebraska, US
I had a villager who was just about to become a Master Farmer and he turned elderly. I just kept dropping him in the field and had him planting crops, because it is something that takes a relatively short time and he can do over and over again without moving alot. Another thing I did with him is if he went to the ocean and tried to fish, I waited until I saw the message that he had improved at farming (which comes after the 3rd dive) and the minute I saw the message, the time it would take him to get back to the food bin would be wasted time. Since he was elderly and I had enough food, I just drop him back in the ocean. Saves time and made him my 2nd Elder at 63.

Edited by huskergolfer (02/18/07 03:17 PM)

#54661 - 02/18/07 05:21 PM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: huskergolfer]
Anji Offline
Master

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
You need him to get his Masters in 3 skills to become an Elder. Did he already have Farming ??

#54663 - 02/18/07 05:23 PM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: Anji]
Anji Offline
Master

Sorry, that should have been Building LOL !! .......... Well, it is Sunday.

#54675 - 02/18/07 05:34 PM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: Anji]
kanona29 Offline

LOL..it's ok Anji!

but yea, he had Master Builder awhile ago.

The rest of my older villagers had mastered 2 skills but were extremely low with a 3rd skill.....

So he is really my only hope from my older/initial group with becoming a Village Elder because even though he had only 1 skill mastered, he was really close to mastering 2 others. He's currently working on his last one, so I hope he makes it!

I have learned my lesson though and starting my building up of mastering 3 skills at a much earlier age.

#54800 - 02/18/07 08:37 PM Re: Need help with Master Farmer [Re: kanona29]
Anji Offline
Master

Thats the best strategy. Start them on the slowest to get skill at age 14

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter