Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#215361 - 01/18/10 01:58 AM Spoiler-How to get a master builder?
meggieprice Offline
Trainee

Loc: Northern California
Hi everyone. I have been using Village Monk's fabulous game guide to this VV game and really enjoying it. However because I bought Level 2 farming before I found the guide my timing is a bit off compared to that sequence. I find myself with the brambles cleared and the sewing hut built, as well as having the pretty little Love Shack completed. I know I need three master builders to open the crate and I only have two- leaving me needing a way to get one of my adept builder to master. I have been able to get him to "Fix hut" on the building closest to the thorny area but he stops soon and it does not do the trick. Will it eventually work? Is there another building task? Obviously having bought the farming thing out of the guides order I not only lost fishing a lot sooner due to my villagers preference for coconuts but am behind some on the points (also did not think to use 2x until late in the day and decided not to risk all night as I keep odd hours and am still burned by the tidal wave that took my VV1 village out the first time out).

Any tips for getting a mster builder would help!

Edited by meggieprice (01/18/10 01:59 AM)

#215373 - 01/18/10 05:55 AM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: meggieprice]
Luke Gates Offline
Consigliere

If you have building projects that would be the fastest way. If you don't then dragging the villager on the hut is the only way.

#215374 - 01/18/10 06:26 AM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: Luke Gates]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
By brambles are you referring to the briars by the gong, or the vines on the hill? If you have cleared one but not the other, then you still have an area that will give you some building skill. smile

Also, have you built all your huts yet? Fixing huts will give your villagers skill (examining huts will not), though I'm not sure if it will give them enough skill in time before the others are too old to help. eek

#215375 - 01/18/10 06:48 AM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: HappyPlayer]
meggieprice Offline
Trainee

Ive built the sewing hut and pretty love hut....also the briars by the gong and built the cutting tool. Is there another area of vines?

I was hoping that getting my 90000 tech points today would give me another project but then a parrot scared a scientist into a loss of 29000 points so I am worried my two master builders, who are elderly, will die and my chance to get that gong piece is lost. I almost think if so I should start over. :-(

Can I make a health stew for my two elderly master builders?I have 73000 points, 3467 food, and 12 villagers. Will there be a new hut to build after I buy my level three farming? Or can I get that by ncreasing my population?

ps ACK! I am attached to my little villagers....

Edited by Xay (01/18/10 07:25 AM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#215380 - 01/18/10 08:07 AM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: meggieprice]
meggieprice Offline
Trainee

Ah- my question was answered when the mother of my 12th villager got pregnant again before I changed her from parenting- and a new hut structure appeared. I have put my adept builders on it and fed my two elderly master builders a rainbow health stew and now will hope for the best....

I was able to have the first hut repaired over and over but it never did result in master status and finally said it was in good shape, lol!

#215383 - 01/18/10 11:33 AM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: meggieprice]
meggieprice Offline
Trainee

Just to update- my guy became not only a master builder but an elder, and my other two masters were still alive so voila- I got my crate. Finally got to 90000 so we can fish again and onward with my tribe I go!

#215394 - 01/18/10 10:39 PM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: meggieprice]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Glad you were able to get a master, and elder in one! grin

To find out more about the stews, see this thread on [SPOILERS] Stew recipe guides in the Guides section under VV2. smile

#215396 - 01/18/10 10:54 PM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: HappyPlayer]
meggieprice Offline
Trainee

Thanks!

Wow, I did not realize how hard it would be to see my first two elderly villagers die. Remembering they were the two who came down the waterfall to start the whole thing. I am such a sop!

I really appreciate some of the chanes from VV1- much more animation,different baby care, the tag playing,and especially knwoing who the parents are of a child. I don't understand, though, why the parentage disappears, I would like to know that their whole lives.

#215406 - 01/19/10 01:26 AM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: meggieprice]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

I believe that the parentage disappears due to the amount of coding required to keep it. (But who knows, they might be able to change that in future VV games.) smile
Many peeps keep a written record of their villages. You can find tracking sheets the Guides forums too. (Click here. This one is for VV3, but will give you the same idea.) laugh

And there is a great thread (Anyone else get wee bit sad when a villager dies) for those of us who want to share our grief when our villagers pass away. smile

#215440 - 01/19/10 03:32 PM Re: Spoiler-How to get a master builder? [Re: HappyPlayer]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I believe that the parentage disappears due to the amount of coding required to keep it.

Yes, keeping that sort of amount of information in memory would result in the game running too slowly for play. For similar reasons, there is a limit on the number of gravestones (50) and on the maximum population (90 plus).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter