Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 247 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#222594 - 06/15/10 05:03 AM [CONTAINS SPOILERS] VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager
Cardinal Offline
Trainee

I've played this before on my desktop computer that has Windows XP. I decided last week to put it on this Vista and try it again after reading others playing it. It does seem to run a lot by itself in order to get the tech points up there and I have to say VV4 is still my favorite with all it's action. However, twice now there is this one female who has been carrying a baby when I check back in on the game. I actually checked in on it because I thought I would need to add another child to reach my 25 so I was shocked to discover I already had 25 and this female was carrying again. Parenting has not and is not checked on her so I have no idea what is up with her. In fact none of the villagers are checked for parenting. Any ideas?

#222596 - 06/15/10 05:20 AM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: Cardinal]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Well, sometimes this happens... I'm guessing it's because, even if their parenting preference is not checked, and they still have skill with it they do it anyway. They gain that skill when you encourage them to have childeren.

Hope this helps! smile

#222598 - 06/15/10 06:42 AM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: Nora Willow]
Cardinal Offline
Trainee

The logic makes sense as the villagers do jump around to fixing huts if they have some building, fishing or crops if they have some farming even though they may be checked for research. However I am seriously thankful it is only that one because I dread to think of how many villagers I would have right now if all the ones who have some parenting skill did the same thing.
I have played all the VV games over the years and I have to say this is the only time I have ever had something like that happen. I'm going to try VV2 on this Vista and see what happens to that one. I've been playing VV3, VV4 and VF on this computer without any issues so will experiment. Thank you for your thoughts on this.

#222603 - 06/15/10 03:09 PM [SPOILER] Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: Cardinal]
Cardinal Offline
Trainee

This mornings update on this game. I had one Scientist die overnight but now that female is carrying twins! It says 222 minutes left. I rechecked all the skills and no one is checked for parenting. She doesn't even have any likes or dislikes listed and is now 42 years old.

I wrote the above earlier this morning. Since then a 17 year old male drank the blue liquid from an event and wouldn't you know he gained points as a parent. While I was working on getting my Master Builder to find the treasure I hear this kissing sound. Since that Mother was already carrying her twins I decided to watch the love shack to see who entered. It was that 17 year old, now 18 but fortunately it did not take so ok that time. He is set to Research. Then I goofed and got a male to close to the females on the digging and both of them ended up carrying babies. The two females were right next to each other and he got both at the same time! That was a new experience for me. The Golden Child gets them all dancing and after that again the kissing sound. Sure enough that 18 year old is at it again but this time we have a Mother carrying. At the moment I have 30 villagers, 5 are carrying Mothers so looks like all the women are at risk now as he has added another one to the list just now. Any ideas how to get this stopped? At this rate I will have 100 villagers and not even trying.

Edited by LadyCFII (06/15/10 08:05 PM)
Edit Reason: Added spoiler tag

#222608 - 06/15/10 05:17 PM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: Cardinal]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
VV4 is the only version of VV where the parenting skill has to be checked before a villager will have a baby. With the others, if they have some parenting skill already, they may at random decide on baby-making.

LDW made the change to VV4 because of some complaints from players about unwanted babies appearing.

Edited by arnie (06/15/10 05:17 PM)

#222609 - 06/15/10 05:45 PM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: arnie]
Cardinal Offline
Trainee

Thank you Arnie. I read a lot of the posts for VV1 but guess I did not read far enough. I did not have this problem the first time I played it on my other computer. I just updated that earlier post. Right now I have an 18 year old male totally out of control. Once I get the rest of the tech points I need to finish this one...long way to go though, I am going back to full time playing VV4.

#222627 - 06/16/10 12:10 PM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: Cardinal]
Cardinal Offline
Trainee

Wahoo, I finished all the puzzles and have all the tech completed. I will say, I will have to keep this paused because while it likely would run for quite some time by itself, until this male villager dies, my population will continue to grow. Just in the time I was waiting for the final 250,000 to complete the tech I ended up with another 9 babies. I will say in the length of time he has been populating my village I have had 2 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets so that is completed. Since it is completed to this point I can now come back and play it off and on but definately no more drinking the blue vials!

#222652 - 06/17/10 12:10 PM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: Cardinal]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
VV1 is probably the most self-sustaining of the four games. If left games running unattended for several months and when I've reopened them there have still been 90 villagers all happily working away.

#223067 - 07/02/10 06:36 PM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: arnie]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
I think that villagers having babies of their own choice is cute! It's like true live vs arranged marriage, exept villagers don't marry. I always let my villagers choose for themselves when I can though in VV4 if I don't have a parent checked off the population drops dramatically.

#223843 - 07/28/10 09:02 PM Re: VV1 Surprise Pregnant Villager [Re: horsecrazy123]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Loc: NJ
I check my VV1 every few weeks, and there are 90 villagers, like Arnie said, working happily. I have even seen them produce 1,000,000 tech points in my absence.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter