Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#73956 - 05/29/07 08:39 AM Hi, I am new and have a few questions
mrkenn Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I just bought this game a few days ago and I have just a few questions. I am afraid to search online since I do not want to find out information that does not need to be known just yet.

1. What do you do with dead villagers? Can you bury them? I just had my second one die \:\( He was very old in his 50s. I feel bad and want to do something. I named him after my cat!

2. After you make the school and beat on the drum, do the kids actually learn anything? Are you supposed to do anything else? I sometimes place an adult at the school but they go back to doing what they were doing.

3. Also if I decide to switch to another computer, can I bring that village with me, or will I have to start all over?

Thanks, wow this reminds me so much when I was in the Peace Corps.

-Kenn

http://homepage.mac.com/mrkenn

Edited by mrkenn (05/29/07 02:15 PM)

#73957 - 05/29/07 08:55 AM Re: Hi, I am new and have a few questions [Re: mrkenn]
zigzag Offline
Trainee

Loc: Wales
You need to solve apuzzle then the villagers will be buried, Iusually just beet the drum to get the kids out of the way and to check pn them, I can't see any difference in the kids skills

#73964 - 05/29/07 04:56 PM Re: Hi, I am new... (SPOILER) [Re: mrkenn]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Yes, you can bring your village with you. I asked the same question, and here's what you do:
Go to My Documents\LDW\Virtual Villagers (name may vary depending on where you got your game). And copy all the files with the extension .ldw. And then save them somewhere you can find them. I recommend the Keepers folder in My Documents(Windows). Then just put the files in an attachment in an email, and send it to the new computer. Or, if you use a program like Mailwasher, just send it to yourself and leave it on the server. Then you can pick it up on the new computer.

Also, for your first question, here's a less cryptic answer for you. Start Highlighting Here:
Once you have level two spirituality, drag a villager up to the far top right corner. There is a grassy field. They will look around and then make it into a graveyard and after that they will automatically bury the dead.

Hope this helps!

#73967 - 05/29/07 06:06 PM Re: Hi, I am new... (SPOILER) [Re: Krystal]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Those instructions for moving a game are for VV2, and won't work with VV1. For the correct procedure for VV1, please see this answer in our Support FAQ. \:\)

#73971 - 05/29/07 06:32 PM Re: Hi, I am new... (SPOILER) [Re: LadyCFII]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Oh, sorry. I didn't know that there was a difference.

#117201 - 01/20/08 07:00 AM Re: Hi, I am new and have a few questions [Re: mrkenn]
katzarai Offline

I too would like to know if the kids learn anything - I've been trying to teach them since they were 2 without success. I try again every year with a skill ticked just in case some miracle occurs and they learn something.

#117235 - 01/20/08 04:55 PM Re: Hi, I am new and have a few questions [Re: katzarai]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Welcome to the world of VV addicts. I believe you've already gotten the answers to questions 1 and 3.

As for Q2, that's been a long running discussion on this site and numerous suggestions that it happen in VV3 when it comes out.
Currently the answer is, regrettably, NO the kids don't really learn (yet).

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#117274 - 01/20/08 08:13 PM Re: Hi, I am new and have a few questions [Re: Rockmower]
katzarai Offline

TY for the welcome, I've been playing since VV1 hit realarcade but didn't come here until Plant Tycoon. So far I have all 4 PC games & am going to look for any DS versions available. The school thing was the only real question I had unanswered - though I am a little disappointed over trait inheritance. I have one runner who has bred 8 children without a single runner in the lot.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter