Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8862 - 04/25/05 01:58 PM OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
YorkieMom Offline
Adviser

Loc: Missouri
Ok, here's the story: I have a Zire 72 & level 2 of everything. I have 13 villagers, with only 7 of them adults. All villagers are trained in all areas, but I have all 7 of them set to be farmers for the time being. I only have 113 units of food left, which has been dwindling from over 600...even though I have everyone farming. HELP??

On the villager detail screen, I have everyone checked off to concentrate on farming...but they keep going off in different directions, doing their own thing. It's driving me ! I have to keep dragging the villagers to the crop area, over & over again. Two villagers INSIST on researching, one villager ONLY wants to do LAUNDRY, one villager stays at farming, and the others just walk around...stating that they're 'worried about food'. DUH??

I'm afraid everyone is going to starve & CROAK!

I've tried to run in Normal & Fast speed...doesn't seem to matter either way.

#8863 - 04/25/05 02:17 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It's been my experience that the food balance can get a little tense in the earlier stages of the game, especially when you have made a bunch of babies (kids seem to eat as much as adults)! As long as your villagers are in relatively good health now, they will probably not starve to death before the crops appear again. You might check the berry bush to see if there are any meager supplies of berries (just in case). Hang in there! After the food crisis is over, you might want to work toward getting that third food source as soon as you can!

#8864 - 04/25/05 02:27 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
YorkieMom Offline
Adviser

The crops are there...I just can't get anyone to stick with the farming. Same way with the berry bush...I drag someone over there, they gather 1 bunch of berries then their off doing something else, like LAUNDRY.

Whew...I hope I make it to that 3rd level of harvesting, I only have 26,000 tech points towards it.

#8865 - 04/25/05 02:31 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Hang in there, and keep your eye on them. They are crafty little devils, and as soon as you turn your head, they get lazy. So keep draging them to the crops and you will be fine.

#8866 - 04/25/05 02:33 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
Unicorn

Are your farmers all adept? They do take 'breaks' but they should stick with farming pretty well. It always seems worse when there's a looming disaster. I usually just turn into a slave driver when that happens, and make sure that their action shows that they are harvesting before I go on to the next villager!

#8867 - 04/25/05 02:42 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
YorkieMom Offline
Adviser

All farmers are at least adept...with several masters. As long as I keep my game on & keep after them, they're fine...but as soon as my back in turned & my game is off, they all go off in different directions. Then, when I come back I have no food again.

Two more villagers just advanced to adults now, so I'm training them in farming as well. Hopefully they'll get caught up on the food supply.

#8868 - 04/25/05 02:55 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
Unicorn

The villagers don't produce nearly as much food when the game is off - that's a situation that will be corrected when the update is released.

#8869 - 04/25/05 03:26 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
YorkieMom Offline
Adviser

Ahhh...thanks for the info.

#8870 - 04/25/05 05:31 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
DogLover Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
Thanks for this post and explanation. I was running into the same situation recently. Although there are plenty of mouths to feed, I find those villagers just going off doing their own thing. It's frustrating!! So I too have taken to being a slavedriver, dragging them away from their laundry if necessary, and put them back where they belong.
I do have one oddity. I have 15 villagers, most of them working at research or harvesting. But then I encountered an island event -- another shipwreck to clean up. So I used the opportunity to train builders. Then one of them went ahead and started building a new hut, got 2% done and then walked away. I can't get anyone to work on the thing now. I recall reading in a recent post that 15 is a magic number for the builders. Does someone have to try to get pregnant before that gets finished?
Thanks,

#8871 - 04/25/05 05:39 PM Re: OH NO! Farmers Can't Keep Up With Food Demand!
Unicorn

Have you exited the game since your builder started building the hut? There was a bug that the 'hotspot' isn't active until you leave the game and come back (and it might not be fixed yet). If you just leave the game and come right back into it, you should be able to continue making your builders finish the hut.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter