Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#34762 - 09/14/06 06:40 AM dead villagers
fiona Offline

please could anyone tell me what to do with them?
i read that i need to drag a villager to the north east to give them a proper burrial. to where exactly am i ment to drag them? also what is the deal with the butterflies. i still need get rid of the rock that is next to the school hut but the villagers just wont do it. and how come they have so much landrey? i mean they were in a ship reck no? everything was ruined besides their clothes??? oh and i almost forgot how do i remove the boulder

Edited by fiona (09/14/06 06:45 AM)

#34763 - 09/14/06 08:38 AM Re: dead villagers
Rand Offline
Expert

Loc: Somewhere in the Alpha Quadran...
You need to have a dead villager and Level 2 Spirituality to give villagers a decent burial. As for the rock by the school and the butterflies, they are puzzles that have to be solved. Not even God knows how or why they have so much laundry. Finally, only a certain villager will move the boulder on his own. It is also a puzzle.

http://dragcave.net/user/lawman247

#34764 - 09/14/06 10:38 AM Re: dead villagers
fiona Offline

thanks.
i have 3 dead sunbaithing skelatons just laying there and as far as i know i have level 2 spirituality but no one seems to care that there are dead bodies laying around all they seem to care about is clean clothes. even i dont do that much laundry. maybe im wrong how do i know what my spirituality level is?

#34765 - 09/14/06 11:13 AM Re: dead villagers
chas Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ohio
You need to drag a live villager over to the northeast corner and drop them. They will figure out what to do afer that.

To figure out your level of spirituality click on the tech page and see if you bought level 2. While there buy some insect repellant for the butterflies and an automatic washer for all the laundry so the little villagers can get a break and get back to work.

#34766 - 09/16/06 12:49 PM Re: dead villagers
clayton Offline

so, if level 2 spirituality will allow you to bury dead villagers, what wonders does level 3 bring?

(wishes there was a more complete guide somewhere...)

#34767 - 09/16/06 12:54 PM Re: dead villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The next level is necessary to complete more of the puzzles.

Are you looking for a more complete guide that the one that's here?

#34768 - 09/16/06 01:11 PM Re: dead villagers
clayton Offline

While the strategy guides provided are very good as far as general strategies and the subject of quest completion, I guess I was looking for something a little more detailed concerning the mechanics of the game. For instance, what exactly is the difference between a trainee researcher and an adept researcher? Do you gain more tech points the better your skill is, or is it just a title? Does increasing your science tech affect your gains in tech points? If so, by how much?

Basically, just little stuff like that. Bear in mind, I am new to this game, and I have to admit that I am really digging it. I like the fact that I don't have to sit here in front of my computer for 9 hours straight and micro-manage everything. All in all, while your guide (as good as it is) can easily get me through the game, I was simply wondering if there was something like a "Tome Of Knowledge"
floating around out there somewhere? I suppose I will just have to keep playing and see for myself, eh?

(Or maybe I'll just have to write one...)

#34769 - 09/16/06 01:35 PM Re: dead villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Part of the fun of the games is the discovery of all that is there. For many people, the fun is just playing the game and "beating it" (to put it in the contemporary vernacular). For others, like me, part of the fun is discovering and enjoying (or even taking advantage of) the sandbox nature of the games. Most of the "extra" information that you'd like to see, such as specific game mechanics, is considered a proprietary facet of LDW's real-time game design. You can discover many of the answers you seek by observant play, however, which is (at least for me) like a game-within-a-game.

Some general answers to your questions:

As your scientists gain skill, they produce more tech points with each successful research attempt. Purchasing Science Tech increases the tech points produced by all of your scientists.

#34770 - 09/16/06 03:01 PM Re: dead villagers
clayton Offline

as much as i enjoy beating it (!), i think that a majority of my time playing will be spent figuring it all out and just watching all my villagers interact and live out thier lives. it's like i'm god or something. i do see your point about the proprietary info and such, and thanks for the answers about the research.

and thanks again for this great game!

#34771 - 09/19/06 02:23 PM Re: dead villagers
she Offline
Trainee

Quote:

For instance, what exactly is the difference between a trainee researcher and an adept researcher

Besides the results difference, the main difference I found is their distractablilty. Trainees need more supervision to stay on task. Old Masters have a real hard time giving up their careers, even when it is hurting them. :rolleyes:

"Honey. we need to buy stock in our power company"

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter