Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8663 - 04/22/05 03:24 PM Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
gsw Offline

Loc: Paris
I am getting just a wee bit frustrated with my game. With no builders, I am stuck at 15 villagers since there is no sign of how to build a 2nd hut, even though I have had level 2 building for a couple of days now! I thought that at least something would happen when I got level 3 spirituality - but so far as I can tell, nothing changed at all. I can't get anything new to happen - and, in fact, as soon as I moved up in spirituality, my villagers stopped doing all the really cute things that they were doing spontaneously before (making jokes, arguing, etc.) Now the only hopeful sign is the raindancing - I hope it works. Seriously, will things start to get active again, or should I nuke them and start it all up again? Shouldn't level 3 spirituality have triggered some kind of change somewhere?

I have level 3 harvesting, fertility and spirituality, level 2 in all the others. Master scientists and farmers, trainee doctors and parents, no builders at all. I can't seem to get anywhere on any puzzle (rock, field, boulder, ruins) - I just get "more research may be needed" or nothing happens at all.

#8664 - 04/22/05 03:36 PM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
As you have figured out you need builders. Unless you get a strom to come by and help you out (or maybe another event), you might be stuck. I have found keeping one of the ladies trained in building helps solve this, as it would me more likely that her offspring will have a little building skill when he/she is born.

As far as starting over, that's your call if you wont to wait for an event to happen or not.

#8665 - 04/22/05 04:17 PM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You are not stuck, gsw! You should really research L3 of building if you need builders. There are still several places to train builders (based on what you said about where you are in the game), but they have to have more knowledge in order to figure out what to do!

#8666 - 04/22/05 05:25 PM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
gsw Offline

Loc: Paris
Thanks for the encouragement - I just got level 3 building, so I am hoping that something will happen. I am going to try selecting construction for a bunch of villagers and leaving them exploring all night to see what happens in the morning. I'll leave some master farmers to keep everyone eating, but I jjust won't worry about the research for a while (I only have science and medicine at level 2 now.) Hopefully, I will either have an event or they will find out where to build. Right now, they still are absolutely resistant to building anywhere where I have tried to put them...actually, I am tempted to start over because I think the rhythm of the game might be more fun if it was going along the regular pace (i.e. getting more than 15 villagers before getting to the 3rd level in everything, alternating puzzles and level progressions rather than doing all levels and then, hopefully, all puzzles.)

Thanks again!

#8667 - 04/22/05 05:40 PM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
Unicorn

Your villagers won't learn building on their own - you will have to 'encourage' them. I still think you could get 'unstuck' if you stay with your current game, but there's nothing wrong with starting over and trying a new approach, too!

#8668 - 04/23/05 03:56 AM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
fssia Offline
Master

Loc: Brunei
This is strange! I tot when your population reach the 15 milestone, the foundation for the 2nd hut will show up? That's what I heard from other players. But mine showed up when I only have 14 villagers. Is this normal?

I'm on level 3 Harvesting, level 2 on Building, Medicine, Science & Spirituality and level 1 on Fertility. I've 2 Adept Builders, one working on Research & one on clearing blockage.

Population now: 14

Game stats:
Realtime hours played: 65
Villager born: 9
Villagers cured: 4
Villagers buried: 1
Oldest villager: 62
Max village population: 14
Food harvested: 13480
Crabs caught: 49
Total tech points earned: 109022
Island events encountered: 3
Puzzles solved: 3 of 12

#8669 - 04/23/05 09:32 AM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
SphinX Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Yeah, it's quite normal, my builders started building a second hut on their own when i had approximately 12 tribesmen.

And, i'd like to mention that you can train a builder anytime fixing a hut, so you won't get stuck w/o builders. Some of my people from time to time tend to go fixing hut, which is above the food storage and used by tribesmen to have sex...

#8670 - 04/23/05 10:07 AM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
Unicorn

fssia, I noticed that you have had 1 burial, so your population had probably reached the 15 required for the first hut before one of your villagers died. That's why you saw the scaffolding. That was probably the case with Sphinx, too. The second hut is triggered by reaching 15 villagers, even if some of the die after that.

Have you actually seen a villager's blue skill bar increase when a villager is fixing a hut? Have you been able to make a villager fix a hut, or do they only do it on their own?

#8671 - 04/23/05 12:07 PM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
SphinX Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
They seem to have their building skill growing, yeah; but I'm still confused how to MAKE them fix a hut... That seems to happen randomly in my case. Anyway, I couldn't manage to order villager fix a hut by dragging them over one...

#8672 - 04/23/05 12:20 PM Re: Spirituality Level 3? Frustrated!
Unicorn

I just wanted to make sure! I'm almost positive that fixing huts falls into the same category as doing laundry - no skills are improved by it, although who's to say what other benefit it may provide?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter