Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#40676 - 12/20/06 03:18 PM Where is a runner best?
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I just started a new village and got a runner! YAY! Where is a runner most valuable, builder, farmer, researcher, doctor or breeder? \:\)

#40677 - 12/20/06 03:21 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: Cass]
drought7 Offline
Trainee

I put the runner on food & everyone else on research. When he plucks the bush dry I switch to building. Runners for me seem to leave the research table to often.

#40678 - 12/20/06 03:22 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: Cass]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

I think there most valuble at research or being a doctor...

#40679 - 12/20/06 03:23 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: drought7]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Runners seem to work best as farmers and builders. Really any job that requires walking (or running in this case :P) will make the best use of runners!

#40683 - 12/20/06 04:51 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
preacherswife Offline
Expert

Loc: The West side of the island wa...
I agree with Warren. I like to use mind for farming if I am in a new village that is vulnerable for food, otherwise building. They are great for clearing the beach and the lagoon.

#40691 - 12/20/06 06:54 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: preacherswife]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I'll start them with farming, then, when there is a pretty good surplus, I'll switch them to building. I'll take somone off research (probably) to train up as a farmer in her place. They are great on most building jobs, particularly hut-building, clearing the beach, unblocking the lagoon, and watering the field. They are pretty much wasted on research, medicine and breeding.

#40692 - 12/20/06 06:56 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: preacherswife]
tameno8 Offline
Expert

Loc: USA,UTAH
i agree a runner is best on food(at the beginning) and building when doing the beach and most important the lagoon. i have used them on the tech table but they are done before any one else( i pause the game and pick up and drop all scientists after they do their kick thing, so a runner messes this up). i've never tryed one as a doctor or as a parent(quick fix for the population i bet). \:D

#40693 - 12/20/06 07:01 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: tameno8]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
LOL

I can imagine a male runner would get the entire adult female population with child in pretty short order!

Talking of which, I can't quote figures, but most of my runners have been female. I have had some males, but there seems to be a bias towards women, at least for me.

#40710 - 12/20/06 08:58 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: arnie]
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
The one I have now is a male and I made him a builder. On a previous game I had another male runner who I made a breeder and he would go to the love shack and be finished before his mate and even got there...so funny to watch. It is also amusing to watch two runners breed, it's difficult to finally get anything to happen but when it does they run as fast as they can to the shack and then quickly move on with their lives... \:\)

#40713 - 12/20/06 09:02 PM Re: Where is a runner best? [Re: Cass]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
i love using my runners on anything that requires distance, building especially.

i think tho, that my favorite time to watch runners is when I have then on farming, and they are running back and forth fishing. i time them, sorta, by watching who they come out of the water with, and then how close that villager is to the bin when the villager passes him the second time. its especially funny when they are fishing with a group of elderly villagers who are just doddering along slowly and then this young buck just swishes by them. i imagine all sorts of conversations those older villagers are having about the runner!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter