Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#16728 - 01/03/06 12:10 PM Reg Code for New Version of Village Sim
Trunks4191 Offline

HEY guys,
I love your work!!!!!

Just wanted to let you know, I tried to install the new version of Village Sim, but it still asked me for my Registration Code. The new version was unregistered even though i thought it would copy the registered attributes from the old Villiage Sim. I have to go check my emails for the REG code i bought. I think it's best to write down that reg code first before installing the new version so that you can easily input the code after installation.

Thanks
Gabriel

#16729 - 01/03/06 12:21 PM Re: Reg Code for New Version of Village Sim
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The registration status is stored in the savegame file. Developers usually try to preserve compatibility between versions of their applications, but a major rewrite of some parts of Village Sim was needed to correct some of the bugs in v1.0. Therefore, since v1.0 and v1.1 savegame files are incompatible, the first thing that Village Sim v1.1 does is delete any v1.0 savegame file that it finds. That's why you need to enter your registration code again after you install the v1.1 update.

#16730 - 01/04/06 11:21 AM Re: Reg Code for New Version of Village Sim
Brenda Offline
Master

Barbara, I hate to sound like a dunce, but is it possible to install the new VS v1.1 to my Palm without a hotsync? I downloaded the file once I saw it was out, but I don't have any of the Palm Desktop stuff installed on my new laptop yet, and my old laptop is already buried from the wild Holiday cleaning spree that we had here. I rarely do hotsyncs anymore anyway, as I mostly transfer things to/from SD cards...

And if it IS possible, what would be the best steps to follow? (ok ok, I AM a dunce, and need step-by-step instructions, lol!)

#16731 - 01/04/06 11:51 AM Re: Reg Code for New Version of Village Sim
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It's not only possible, it's easy! To install Village Sim using a card reader/writer, just copy Village Sim.prc (and any music files you want to install) into the Palm\Launcher folder on your card. Put the card back into your Palm and launch the game. If you want the game installed into internal memory, you can use the Palm move function to move it from the card to internal memory. If you have trouble or need more help, just let me know!

#16732 - 01/04/06 07:59 PM Re: Reg Code for New Version of Village Sim
Brenda Offline
Master

Thanks Barbara! I was hoping it would be that easy, but was afraid that I'd need to hotsync to keep the original reg code or something. Do I need to delete anything from the first version, or let this one just write over it?

I miss my old village now that it finally died, so this will be fun starting over. I've forgotten what it was like to be striving [and/or starving] for tech points, food, etc... and forcing them little guys to stay at the research table. lol!

EDIT: Strike that part about the reg code.

... leave it to me to NOT read the title to the thread I'm asking a question in. lol!

Edited by Brenda (01/04/06 08:03 PM)

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter