Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 224 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10661 - 05/30/05 06:51 PM Feral Villagers? lol
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Loc: Des Moines, IA, USA
OK, that's probably not the best subject for this post, but has anybody tried just getting the village going up to harvest 3 and then letting them go and seeing what happened?
By that I mean leave a couple designated as farmers, researchers, builders, and a breeder of each gender and then just watch what happens? Maybe selecting a dedicated task for them when they turn 18, but other than that hands off?

Would such a village be viable? Would they complete it on their own? Would they even survive it? Obviously things like random events would require some interaction on our part, but other than that just let 'em do what they do?

I'm thinking that'll be my next run hehehe.

I used to do that with Creatures, anybody remember that game?

#10662 - 05/31/05 01:55 AM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
spaceman Offline
Trainee

The only other thing that I can think of would be when they get sick because without treatment, it sometimes seems to spread.
-spaceman

#10663 - 05/31/05 06:36 PM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
Brenda Offline
Master

I sort of did that, but not on purpose. I almost always set my game on pause over-night, because I don't want to miss anything.

I'm on level 3 in all tech departments and had everyone doing thier tasks nicely. I thought I had them all nicely trained... you know... no more foraging, keep the field tended and go fishing when food levels go down a bit...

But a few times now, I have left it on fast speed, unattended for long periods. I check in, and they have the berry bush stripped down to one berry, they're all doing laundry (where are they getting all those clothes? lol!).

Another time, they were having trouble keeping up the field and doing rain dances, so I put most of them on farm duty, and all of the scientists (no longer needed for tech points) on fish duty for a while, until the food levels got back up. I got distracted (with real life, lol!) for a while, and when I came back, their food levels were in the thousands because no one wandered off from fishing, like they usually do when I'm watching them! Some disaster wiped out the food though, so there's no chance of too much food.

And absolutely NO ONE is allowed to be on breeding duty unattended, not even for 5 minutes! Even without the Adept or Master breeder status, they seem to do quite well at it.

#10664 - 05/31/05 07:53 PM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Quote:

And absolutely NO ONE is allowed to be on breeding duty unattended, not even for 5 minutes! Even without the Adept or Master breeder status, they seem to do quite well at it.

Ain't that the truth! They're little hedonists, every last one of 'em!!!

#10665 - 06/01/05 10:32 AM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
Brenda Offline
Master

lol! That's why I secretly think something 'else' is going on in that laundry hut, too!

They can't seem to wait to do their laundry. lol

#10666 - 06/02/05 04:47 PM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
Brett Offline
Trainee

Loc: Northern California
I did this for a while; with everything accomplished I just let it run... With population at 65, some villagers were spending time "worried about housing" in addition to the usual dancing, complaining, and yes, laundry. However, no additional housing was available.

Every time food got up to more than ~4000 or so, a typhoon would hit, wiping out the food supply. It would take the villagers some time to get it back up into the hundreds, and during that time, the health of all children under 5 would take a severe hit, sometimes going into the red (near death), presumably from malnutrition, but none died.

I actually had thoughs of seeing how long it would take to fill up the graveyard, but I decided that was morbid, and started a new village.

#10667 - 06/02/05 07:14 PM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
Brenda Offline
Master

lol! Yes, I guess it is a bit morbid. Then again, it's just a game... how morbid can a pile of pixels be?

(I say that, but I have to keep reminding myself it's just a game. I've actually been holding off starting a new village because my main man, the Master Builder who completed the final puzzle, was getting really old, and health failing... so when he came across that "terrible 2's" potion everyone talks about, I let him drink it. Now he's happily running around, chasing butterflies. I just don't have the heart to take that all away from him.)

#10668 - 06/02/05 08:57 PM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Quote:

I just don't have the heart to take that all away from him.)

lol I know exactly what you mean.
It's sad to watch 'em get old... I kinda get attached to the blue dressed lady with the black hair every time she pops up. I think I should probably get out more rofl... maybe find a nice lady in a blue dress that'd "Push the boulder" with me. *snicker*

#10669 - 06/02/05 10:43 PM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
Brenda Offline
Master

Quote:

... maybe find a nice lady in a blue dress that'd "Push the boulder" with me. *snicker*

lol! That's cute... and certainly more romantic than "checking out the cactus" together.

#10670 - 06/03/05 05:53 AM Re: Feral Villagers? lol
animal_lover Offline
Trainee

Loc: Singapore
Simplerich i think that's a good idea! Maybe occasionaly check on them every 4hours or so - I did that. And they wont get sick every time u check n them if u hav 2 master doctors and lvl 3 medicine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter