Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#808 - 10/19/04 06:03 AM Meds
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy

It seems like a few people are having trouble giving meds to their pet or even finding out what the right dosage is.
Here are a couple tips:
-Have the pet come out of the house. You can tap on the house or on the bowl, or even try to play ball with him.
-Give the pet a shot and be patient. You should give the meds a little time to see if they work.
-If the pet doesn't recover you can try another shot, but only after having waited around a real hour.

#809 - 11/28/05 06:38 PM Re: Meds
Anonymous
Unregistered

I killed my little boy's pet because I couldn't tell whether or not the meds were being dispensed! Do you hear a sound when the meds are dispensed from the syringe? Or do you just touch the pet and hope that the meds were dispensed. I know you have to touch the pet with the syringe, but I can't tell if anything happens - is there feedback telling you the meds came out?
Sony Clie T615 Palm OS4.

#810 - 11/28/05 07:12 PM Re: Meds
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There is a sort of "aerosol-pssssss" sound on all of my Palm devices when I administer the meds. There is a way to tell that the meds have been administered, though, even if you can't hear the sound. You'll notice that the syringe is full when it's in the tray at the top of the screen. If you "miss" your pet when you administer it, it stays full. When properly administered, the syringe will empty and lose the color that the meds give it when it's full. Also, your pet will usually lie down immediately and go to sleep when you give it the meds (sometimes right on top of the syringe, which will frustrate your attempt at visual confirmation). I hope that helps, because it's no fun to turn on the game and discover that you've killed your pet (or, even worse, your little boy's pet).

#811 - 11/30/05 08:52 AM Re: Meds
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks! His new pet is doing fine, and we have not overdosed him this time. The color indicator was the trick. Nice to see fellow Colorodans with digital pets.

#812 - 11/30/05 10:33 AM Re: Meds
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I'm glad that helped you! And, as you can see from my avatar to the left, Mysti, I love my real pet, too. She was born in the Colorado mountains!

#813 - 11/30/05 11:22 AM Re: Meds
Archmage Offline
Expert

Loc: Mexico City, Mexico
So your dog is called Mysti.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter