Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 250 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 39 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#99648 - 09/28/07 07:15 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
Pinkfish Offline
Expert

Loc: Liverpool
Thanks for you quick reply, I thought that maybe the case too... todays supplies to buy are not very useful either ..cacti, maple, rare oak etc... I'll pause the game and see if I get new stock tomorrow maybe the spotted reptans is there then.

#99653 - 09/28/07 07:33 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: Pinkfish]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I may be wrong, but I don't think that the store will restock if you have the game in paused mode. You may be better off setting it to slow mode.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#99661 - 09/28/07 07:52 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: Pinkfish]
Algorithm Offline
Trainee

Loc: maryland
i wish everyone included a copy of their spreadsheet when asking a question as it makes it so simple to answer. i will repeat what LadyCFII said above, except I will use more words and do it without a beautiful avatar. \:\)

Since you do not have any plants to the left or above your desired plant, you cannot breed it with the plants you have. so your two choices are to either buy the plant you want (or a close relative of it) from the store (pretty much anything that is above and to the left of the desired plant will of course help you), or mutate something you have into something you want. i would pick a plant close to the plant you want to reduce how many mutations you need to do. in this case..

mutate your bluestar astera twice to get a nox orchid.

your chance of mutating the bluestar on the first try to either a nox astera (25%) or a bluestar orchid (25%) is 50%. Your chance of then mutating that plant on your next mutation to the nox orchid is 25%. Thus, your chance of two mutations in a row producing what you need is 12.5% (1 in 8).

there is a way of improving your odds from 12.5% to 100%. Save your game, attempt the mutation, then restore your game if your mutation went the wrong way. don't know how to save/restore you game? Check HERE.

(some would argue this is a form of cheating, some would argue it is not, and some would rather have a tunafish sandwich, which is what I am off to make \:\) )

#99698 - 09/28/07 11:53 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: Algorithm]
Pinkfish Offline
Expert

Loc: Liverpool
Thank you for your help
them charts sure make things easy sometimes .... and I got all the other 5 using the original seeds I was given , and i still have back ups of them, but I wasn't given anything in the top left corner .. to mutate or buy that is the question ??

#99760 - 09/29/07 07:08 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: Pinkfish]
freakabhishek Offline

Can anyone help me in getting mela rare oak
i have found other 5 plants but not this one

#99764 - 09/29/07 07:47 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: Pinkfish]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: Pinkfish
and I got all the other 5 using the original seeds I was given , and i still have back ups of them, but I wasn't given anything in the top left corner .. to mutate or buy that is the question ??

Each game starts off with a random selection of common seeds and plants. But there are 25 possibilities and only 15 "starter" seeds/plants (counting the seeds in the seed boxes and the three initially for sale.) And some of those 15 may be duplicates. So sometimes you get all the ones you want, and sometimes you need to wait for them to become available in the store.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#99766 - 09/29/07 07:49 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: freakabhishek]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: freakabhishek

It would help if you list the other plants you already have. There are many approaches to getting this plant.

#99772 - 09/29/07 11:13 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: sfrose]
freakabhishek Offline

i really cant tell u about that because i havnt noted down the process
but i got 4 of the magic plant through mutation liquid and the other one by what combination dont know hope u understand

#99780 - 09/29/07 11:53 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: freakabhishek]
Sheepy Offline

Loc: Boston UK
Originally Posted By: freakabhishek

with a ballcactus and a lemonbush it will do \:\)

#99793 - 09/29/07 02:31 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: Sheepy]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
with a ballcactus and a lemonbush it will make a rare oak
with a citrus and venomous or areus it will make a mela! \:\)

Page 7 of 39 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter