Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#6854 - 04/15/05 07:05 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Crumpet Offline

The sound volume is too loud, even when I have "Music" set to low

#6855 - 04/15/05 07:28 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Quote:

The sound volume is too loud, even when I have "Music" set to low

Aahhh - I have noticed that too. I usually am sitting around at home when playing with the sound on so I have my palm resting on a pillow or my knees and it muffles it though

#6856 - 04/15/05 07:39 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
TouchyToucan Offline

Yeah, that's my ONLY complaint -- I like playing my palm in bed and my husband always comments "can't you turn it down"?

#6857 - 04/15/05 08:03 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Is it the music, the sound effects, or both that are bothering people? The sound effects are controlled by the Palm's volume setting in prefs (Sounds & Alerts/Game Sound). The music volume setting in the preferences screen only controls the volume for the game music. I have my game sounds set for "Medium" and it seems OK on my T5.

Edited by ladycfii (04/15/05 08:04 PM)

#6858 - 04/15/05 10:28 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Quote:

Is it the music, the sound effects, or both that are bothering people? .

It isn't bothering me persay, I've just noticed it's a lot louder than my other games. Thanks for the tips on how to adjust it though. I'm usually playing at home without anyone to bug so it doesn't really matter to me if it's loud.

#6859 - 04/16/05 10:00 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree on the sound. I like having mine running while at work..and I don't like the co-workers to know...

#6860 - 04/16/05 10:20 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Unicorn

You can turn both the music and the sound effects off from Village Sim's preferences screen, and the music volume is controllable from there, as well. The sound effects in Village Sim are controlled by the settings in the Palm device's Prefs/Sounds & Alterts/Game Sounds. On my T5, Village Sim's sound effects seem to be consistent with the sound effects I get from other games after I set everything up.

#6861 - 04/16/05 12:33 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about some sort of chart that shows you at a glance how many people are doing what? When you have a load of villagers, it's frustrating to have to go through them one at a time to count how many are farming, researching, building, how many are too young, etc.

I've also noticed that when you scroll through the details, there doesn't seem to be any sort of order, and it changes each time you look at them - just keeping them in (say) order of age would be useful.

#6862 - 04/16/05 01:05 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Unicorn

Those suggestions were made by the beta testers, as well, but they didn't make it into the game (at least not yet)! I think it would be great to be able to sort villagers by age or skill by selecting a button!

#6863 - 04/19/05 08:56 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Cynvision Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Glad to know I'm not the only one having the question about the order of villagers in the detail's screen.

What about some indication of how long a mother has left nursing her child? I've wondered that about the pack of mothers sitting in village center. Not sure what use it is unless the mom is someone of high talent and you can know how long you have to wait before they work again.

Another thing would be school or story-telling for the nursing mother's "occupations." To me it's just not right that they do nothing. It would get some kids to stand still for a bit too.

Edited by Cynvision (04/19/05 08:59 PM)

Page 2 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter