Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 299 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 15 of 51 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#6985 - 08/16/06 11:12 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Shortkayke Offline

I Absolutely agree with SEVERAL of the suggestions and had to add my 2 cents so you knew which ones!!

Loved LOVed the idea of night and day as well as weather patterns, like raining so they go in the huts, or something. Going to sleep, and some can't sleep.

Adore the update idea, like logging on to see what has happened so and so had a baby boy, as well as month day year,season, holidays something like that. Maybe you'll have to have farmers pick more for the feast or something. winter is coming so need more huts. and so there isn't a ton of huts around maybe some get damaged with the rainy spring or something.

Blankets are cool idea for the mothers, although i do like the surprise of not knowing which is why the update screen would come in handy.

I agree with spreading out, maybe this is one part of the island and opening the cave spreads to other parts with more islanders or something, maybe a part of their tribe lost on the other side.

Tasks and chores for the kids, like master mushroom picker or something, which i why i think pets would be good, kids take care of pets and pick them out and stuff.

I really love this game. i am ABSOLUTELY addicted. i can't tell you how good you did with this game! Excellent job!

#6986 - 08/16/06 06:02 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LunarDee Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
I think the main view of the village should have the name; so when you have multiple villages you are playing; you know which one you are currently playing

#6987 - 08/18/06 02:06 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

you should add more magic fish from fish tycoon

#6988 - 08/18/06 04:35 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
nsgame Offline

I would love to have Length of time before reaching 14 in their stats!

#6989 - 08/18/06 04:51 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
nsgame Offline

Another thought after reading some of the other topics...

How about having the results of the events related to the level that is being played?
ie...Easy having more positive or at least neutral events.

#6990 - 08/18/06 06:11 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Suz3t Offline

Loc: Terra
Thoughts on breeding (parenting):
- Parents (really mainly the moms) seem to take much, much longer than other skills to go from trainee through adept to master. In fact, I've never gotten a master parent, even when I've had a woman do nothing but breeding from 18 until she dies (whereas it's easy to grow a master researcher by the time they're in their 30s)!! As far as I can tell, she only gets credit for the "embracing", not for "caring for baby", which I think is a rather odd skew, as caring is much more difficult, time consuming and labor intensive than the act of procreating! I would fix this, first by renaming the skill to parenting, and then awarding skill points for caring for babies (with more points for twins and triplets).
- Just as anyone under 18 is too young for breeding, so should women eventually be too old for breeding. Somewhere around 45-50, I would think.
- Involve the men!!!! Maybe the game could randomly switch who cares for the baby between the mother and father, so you would never know who's available to work until you entered your game. Or maybe the guys would have to do "caring for toddler" when the kids are 2-4 years old, just to even things out. Or even just for one year (2-3).Anyone under 4 is a little young to be running around unsupervised anyway.

#6991 - 08/18/06 06:23 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Suz3t Offline

There needs to be a way to pause the game if know you're not going to be able to play for some time (illness, traveling, work, etc.)
On the one hand, I love that the game keeps playing even when I'm not. For one thing, gameplay would otherwise be too slow.
On the other hand, in the earlier stages of the game [read: before you've achieved extra levels in farming], this can cause problems. Last weekend I went camping with family overnight; I checked on my villagers right up until we departed, and I was still more than 1500 points away from buying the next level of farming. When I returned, less than 48 hours later, well over half my population had died of starvation. This was very frustrating. There are plenty of times when I'll be gone from home longer than that short trip. It's really only a problem until you reach Level 3 Farming, but up until then you ought to be able to pause game play.

#6992 - 08/18/06 06:30 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
You can pause the game. The easiest way is just hit your space bar. Or goto the menu screen, click on options and then set the game speed to pause.

#6993 - 08/18/06 06:35 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Suz3t Offline

A lot this has already been mentioned, but I'll jump on the bandwagon, too, so you know there's more of us:
MORE, PLEASE!!! More skills, more puzzles/tasks, more island events, more island to explore. Finishing all sixteen original puzzles ought to open up a whole new area of the island, with new puzzles & tasks, new food & water sources, and new skills.
BTW, I find it interesting that the game logo has "A New Home" hanging off a rod- or stick-like line on the left side, and there's a similar line on the right side...just waiting for a sign to be hung from it announcing the new expansion. ;-)

#6994 - 08/18/06 08:15 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
justcallmerecka Offline
Adviser

Loc: Adirondack Park
maybe create night and day, some villagers sleep at night the majority of them and work during the day others like to work at night and sleep during the day.

maybe when a female gets pregant to show her with a big belly and have another women go into the hut to obe a midwife.

show the villagers as tired so you know when to let them go to sleep?

maybe its just a suggestion

Page 15 of 51 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter