Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 243 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 11 of 30 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#41018 - 12/27/06 09:23 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Makalapa]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
just a little ocd lol

i haven't started that in vv yet, but i have definately gotten that way about games in the past, i think we all have

i realized i was getting too into the names when i was going through a baby names book looking for names that matched the kids

i kept saying "no she doesn't look like . . ." or "i don't think she would name her son . . ."

#41026 - 12/27/06 11:06 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Makalapa]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I just wish that the game wouldn't suddenly rename my villagers for me! I go looking for Mina and discovered that her name is now Pawka!

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#41027 - 12/27/06 11:09 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: sfrose]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
had you gotten the event that makes them not themselves?

#41033 - 12/28/06 02:40 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Jami]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
[Believe it or not, my husband met a woman by the name of Tuna while he served in Iraq. Seems to be a rather commen name.b] [/b]

#41045 - 12/28/06 05:45 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: MochaJew]
Makalapa Offline

When I worked in Georgia (former Soviet Union, not US), I had a friend/co-worker named Khatuna (pronounced pretty much like "Hot Tuna" by Anglophones who couldn't do the "kh" sound) and nicknamed "Tuna" for short. It's a fairly common name in Georgia. Also had a friend named Dodo. Similarly common.
-- Kathryn

#41406 - 01/07/07 12:39 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Makalapa]
Angelwomyn Offline

I name the researchers names that start with "R" (Rita, Roy ...) Builders with a "B" etc. Makes it easy to grab people to direct them \:\)

#41602 - 01/10/07 06:47 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
Mosey Offline
Expert

Loc: Salem, OR
I do always. And I give them names that start with the first letter of what I want them to do. So researchers are Rocky or Randi or Rene and farmers Frank and Francess etc. Healers are most important to name with H names so you can find them in a healing emergency...they often end up being Masters at a different type of job so it's not always easy to find them.

I also agree that when the village starts filling up it's too hard to keep track of that - nor does it matter since you have enough of all kinds of workers that it doesn't matter who does what.

#44157 - 01/20/07 09:56 PM Re: Poll: Do you change your villagers' name? [Re: Carla]
tomteboda Offline
Trainee

Loc: Minnesota, USA
I keep the first name, but I give the children last names based on their parents.

For example, Unagi and Lanu had a daughter they named Nunai, so
Nunai'ulan

Kwame and Okai had a son they named Kito, so Kito'okwam

Now, my villager Banga went and got pregnant without my knowledge, and she's been pretty tightlipped about the father of her son, Juro shares no known characteristics with any of the men, so I've named him
Juro'bson.

I sincerely hope I don't have this problem too much. I'm charting all the relationships to make sure no relatives breed with one another (at least to the 2nd degree).

Obviously, I put the game "on pause" overnight, or I'd have a village full of
Lulu'udotar and Hoto'bsons.

#44295 - 01/21/07 04:46 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
redjess81 Offline

I ALWAYS rename because I can't pronounce most of the names and I try to keep up with what they are good at doing... However i just got to the max and I can't keep up at all!!

#52134 - 02/13/07 06:21 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
uhDREE Offline

Loc: Texas
I started out only changing duplicates and charting everything - genealogy and everything. Then I left the game alone for about a day, and came back to a whole lot of pregnant women and new children. One of my top breeders decided to have a little fun.. lol. After that, it was time to put the pen down.

Page 11 of 30 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter