Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 30 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#40783 - 12/22/06 02:02 AM Re: Poll: Do you change your villagers' name? [Re: Carla]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
When I have a boy with a very girly name like Nina or something like that I make it more male.

And sometimes when I'm feeling blue about my love life I name one of the blond girls after me and one of the men after a celeberty I like. Making me the most pathetic woman on earth as I breed them....

www.jamisings.com

#40797 - 12/22/06 04:43 AM Re: Poll: Do you change your villagers' name? [Re: Jami]
Izzy2k2 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Oklahoma
Sometimes I name the girls with green headbands "Ethibi", the dark-haired girls "Isabel", the gray-haired or bald men "Old Person", and some of my male breeders "Omar"(Only if I have had a fight that day with my dear friend Omar).

#40798 - 12/22/06 04:47 AM Re: Poll: Do you change your villagers' name? [Re: Izzy2k2]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
my students like it when i name my charaters after them. they always want to know how old they are, how many kids they have, when they die, etc

some of them like having several characters named after them at the same time, so i always have lists of names when new kids are born.

and they like to see the graveyard with their names on the gravestones for some reason, and brag about how old they lived. they get really competitive about it sometimes.

#40853 - 12/22/06 10:36 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
mathgeek Offline

i know this is REALLY dumb but i name my villagers after characters from Baldurs Gate the Shadows of Amn

#40861 - 12/23/06 12:37 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: mathgeek]
Jami Offline
Master

Don't worry, Math, I'm sure some folks here name their characters after Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, Artemis Fowl, or Star Trek characters.

One time I named my villagers for two characters from the Barry Manilow song Copacabana - Tony and Lola. I picked them speficially to breed the GC.

www.jamisings.com

#40863 - 12/23/06 12:44 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Jami]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

lol jami.

i have a village i named after different characters from all sorts of genres. renames my golden child eragon in it too. might have to change that after seeing the movie. i think i'll stick with books from here on out.

i had Odysseus and Penelope in that village when it started. i laughed my head off when I saw Circe kiss Odysseus and he ran away. also have characters in there names after the amber series...Random is my favorite name in there I think. have names of Kings Dark Tower series, from Laurel K Hamilton's Anita Blake series. I just mix them all up. the only like really pop culture thing I did was name one of my really weird looking guys Klingon, because he just reminging me of one when I saw him. Don't actually watch Trek (or Wars for that matter) so I didn't know the names of any actual Klingons. ooh, wait, Wharf! haha.

i'm thinking of starting a csi village, and naming all the characters off the CSI characters, and the real actors, but then i'd need to do law and order too...hrmm...

#40993 - 12/27/06 05:00 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
I chose Hebrew, Abraic and Indian names drawn from my multi-racial background. Makes the game more intersting for me. A Baby Name Book comes in handy \:\)

#40995 - 12/27/06 05:12 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: MochaJew]
Jami Offline
Master

Well, any name's got to be better then "Tuna", "Pupa", and "Tofu." LOL

www.jamisings.com

#40996 - 12/27/06 09:05 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Jami]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

You mean you wouldn't name your daughter Tuna?
lol

Maybe I should start a colony of villagers with real (and I mean really horrible) names that real people have given their kids. I read somewhere that there are actually a lot of babies named Female (rhymes with tamale) because people thought that the hospitals had named their kid for them. Then there was my teacher friend who had a student whose name was the same as the technical term for certain female parts because the mother didn't know what the word meant and thought it was pretty, or the kid I have named Irbeng because his mother couldn't spell Irving. Oy. Or I could name all the boys Isabella, since for some reason I have several male students whose middle names are Isabella. I don't ask why. Then I have a friend with an Uncle Red and Uncle Blue. A friend with a second cousin named Nylon. And one I can't put in here because it is actually a bad word.

I don't even want to talk about what celebrities are naming their children nowadays. Did you know that Sly Stalone has a daughter named Sage Moonblood? While I think Sage is a pretty name, who on earth names their child Moonblood? His other 3 daughters have the same middle name. Rose. Apparently trying to make up for Moonblood.

I'm thinking Tuna might be a good choice. *sigh*

#41006 - 12/27/06 07:00 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
Makalapa Offline

My first game, I only re-named those with duplicate names or ones that were too weird to remember, changing these to actual Hawai'ian names. (Kimo, Keala, etc) Now on my 2nd game and am giving them US / European names and giving the 2nd & subsequent generations "surnames" which are a combo of their parents names so I can remember who is whose kid. Oh, and I'm databasing them in Excel with year of birth, year of death, parents, grandparents, etc. Managed to avoid inbreeding in generation 2 and minimize it in generation 3 (Some was inevitable, as I started game with 2 females). So far, this is part of the fun of the game, although it might sound a little OCD. Whether I keep it up by game 3 (or whether it starts driving me nutso by the time I get over 50 people), time will tell.
-- Kathryn C

Page 10 of 30 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter