Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (GAmethyst), 92 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#341 - 01/23/06 01:56 PM Re: List of Magic Fish
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are a number of threads that list the actual species of the magic fish. You can see one of them by clicking here.

#342 - 01/24/06 07:41 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
kimmar Offline
Expert

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Well I gotta say... i bought fish tycoon 2 days ago (pc version) and i'm having fishy dreams. LOL no kidding last 2 nights i've been dreaming fish breeds. This game is just too addictive ... you need to put a warning label on it! BTW just how many "common fish" are there? I'm trying to systematically breed the fish. Thanks in advance!

#343 - 01/24/06 09:46 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
Isn't it just tooooo much fun!

The way I play it there are only three fish in the common eggs that are healthy enough to cross breed without losing any. The rest are okay if you only breed them with themselves, but they still tend to lose health. There are three more of those. I think there are six body types in all that come randomly in the common eggs. The same goes for fin types. Three are safe every time and three aren't because they are already a cross between two of the others.

I'm taking this game WAY tooo seriously ... and I LOVE it!

I have lots of info on them on my webpage ... but it could ruin the fun if you look at it and learn to much too fast. The fun is in the trying!

#344 - 01/24/06 09:25 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
jmm029 Offline

is there a cheat for money ??

#345 - 01/25/06 10:54 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Lacey Offline

I have a couple of questions. I purchased the plant that is supposed to help keep fish healthy and I also have all the magic fish, but still my fish get ick and fungus. So far it has not been a real problem because I am on enough to catch it early, but I wonder what good the plants are if they don't help keep the fish healthy??

Also, my friend has to work long hours and turns her game to stop while she is gone so she doesn't have to worry about her fish. Yesterday she came home and she had lost a lot of them to starvation. She had stopped the game, but evidently it had not actually stopped. Have you heard of any glitches with the settings? I have grown so fond of my fish I'd hate to lose them. She had only one magic fish and it died and she has no idea how she got it.

And finally...I asked this in another thread, but I'm gonna ask again here...how the heck can I get a twin-fin spotanus? If I had one in the beginning, I probably sold it because I didn't understand the game. Now I have tried buying eggs and mutating fish to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#346 - 01/25/06 11:15 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The Plant of Curing from Isola only "helps prevent diseases on fish that are exposed to the plant." The same thing applies to the Magic Fish - they "help" (but don't totally eliminate) disease in your tanks. You can read the descriptions of the Magic Fish in this post, which is found in the Spoilers thread of the Fish Tycoon Guides section at the bottom of the forums.

We have not seen any reports of problems with pause in "single-player" Fish Tycoon games. However, when people have more than one player, there is a potential problem. Is your friend, by any chance, playing multiple players and changing the game speed right after switching players? If so, that's the reason she is seeing time pass. If she went to the menu and changed players, then changed the game speed before she clicked Play (which she might easily do, knowing that the game had been paused while she was gone), the game will ignore that she had it paused all that time and update all of the fishies at the new speed setting when she clicks Play. In order to prevent that, you must click Play immediately after switching players if you want to preserve your game speed setting. Once you've clicked Play, you can go back to the menu and change the game speed.

If you check the other thread, your answer about the Spotanus is there!

#347 - 01/25/06 11:23 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Lacey Offline

Thanks Lady. I'll give her the info. You are right...she was running two games.

#348 - 01/25/06 11:47 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

how do you get the first magic fish help am new

#349 - 01/25/06 11:51 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The easiest way to get it is to buy common eggs.

#350 - 01/26/06 12:41 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
KSalmon74 Offline

How do i figure out what the shopper's thought bubbles mean?

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter