Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (GAmethyst), 92 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#301 - 09/05/05 01:11 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mumofbilly Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Is there anywhere that tells you which fish is pregnant. I bred a few and can't tell which ones are and which ones aren't. Also can I put some of the fish into Tank 3 even if i don't want to sell them. They don't appear to sell unless you are in that screen???

#302 - 09/05/05 01:35 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
If you tap on a fish you can see if it's pregnant, or you can put it into the isolation tank and see the status, as well. There is no problem with using the selling tank (Tank $) as a breeding tank as long as you're careful not to tap on Sell Fish when you're not ready to sell them. Immature fish will never sell, so a good thing to do is to keep your babies in there if you need extra space.

#303 - 09/05/05 01:43 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mumofbilly Offline

thanks for that. when i tap on them or put them in the isolation tank it just tells what type of fish and their age. No sign of whether or not they are pregnant?

#304 - 09/05/05 10:43 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

If it doesn't say they're pregnant, then they aren't. The fish in Fish Tycoon don't get pregnant on their own - you have to breed them. You can refer to this page to see how to breed your fish.

#305 - 09/05/05 09:26 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
mumofbilly Offline

I've got a query about the Fish Environment Research. I paid for it and it's sitting at 77% complete. Should I wait for it to get to 100% before buying some Rare Fish Eggs or can I buy them now?

#306 - 09/05/05 09:48 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

It depends upon how much of a risk-taker you are. Fish from rare eggs will survive only in a level 3 fish environment, but it's possible that they will live until the research is completed. Maybe!

#307 - 09/19/05 11:09 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
slkx Offline

Does anyone have any tips about how to price their fish for the best price? eg add a dollar or add $10 to the stated price? Or just sell the price they say?

And you know those research areas; I finally had enough money to buy research into food and it said I was now at level 2. How many levels are there? (I am tired of my fish being sick.) LOL

#308 - 09/21/05 10:11 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

You can almost always sell fish for more than the initial price, especially when the selling tank is full or nearly full. I have found that trying to sell only a few fish at a time will result in sluggish sales. If you wait until you have a lot of fish that you want to sell, more customers will enter the store and stay there, and sales will be made more quickly. Only trial and error will tell you what the "best" price should be for each species of fish, since it's a little different every time you play the game.

Each area of research (food, fish environment, and advertising) is completely researched when you reach level 3.

#309 - 09/22/05 10:52 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
slkx Offline

Thanks for that!

#310 - 10/04/05 02:46 AM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
finecat30 Offline

HELLO,

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF SOMEONE CREATED AN "EDITOR" PROGRAM AND A "TOOLKIT" PROGRAM (SIMILAR TO THE VILLAGE SIM ONES -----> SEE http://jhywu.tripod.com/ IF NEEDED) FOR THE FOLLOWING GAMES:

**FISH TYCOON
**PLANT TYCOON
**LITTLE PALM PET

IF NOT, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE ABOVE PROGRAMS WILL BE UPDATED SOON TO, AT LEAST, INCLUDE A .PDB (SAVEGAME DATA TO WHERE YOU COULD SAVE AND RESTORE x# OF GAMES)?

THANK YOU
finecat30

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter