Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (GAmethyst), 92 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#261 - 02/02/05 06:57 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm very confused. I'm on Pocket PC Fish Tycoon. There are four windows. The first one has the food and Window 2 at first had Ick medicine. When I needed to buy Fungal Treatment it made me replace my Ick medicine in Window 2. Why can't I keep both medicines at once and what are Windows 3 and 4 for anyway?

#262 - 02/02/05 07:19 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The 4 slots in your toolbox are for 4 different types of supplies for your tanks. Each slot can only be used for one type of supply. Slot 1 is for food, and the type of food will change when you research better food. Slot 2 is for medication; Slot 3 is for special chemicals; and Slot 4 is for eggs. The slots can hold one thing at a time. As you've already seen with medication, if you have something in a slot and want to buy something else that goes in that slot, you have to either use up what you have or it will be replaced when you purchase something else for that slot.

#263 - 02/02/05 10:48 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Barbara!

#264 - 02/03/05 07:35 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
skw Offline

I'm not so sure about that. I had two of my best producers- the shark and a silky, and they both croaked at around 470 without a disease, etc.

#265 - 02/03/05 08:02 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

That's kind of strange. I have two fish in my tanks right now that are age 3575 and 3576! I've had fish die from declining health because of inadequate Fish Environment research, but never for no apparent reason. What Fish Environment level have you researched? What exact species of fish were they (what kind of fin did the shark have, and what kind of fish was the silky)?

#266 - 02/03/05 10:26 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
skw Offline

I'm sure the environment was the actual culprit although several other fish were doing fine. The fish didn't express any symptoms, just died. I've just started playing, and I can't seem to get enough money to improve my environment yet. I'm trying the breeding of hearty fish for sale and then buying another tank thing right now.

#267 - 02/03/05 10:35 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

The fish that die because of the tank environment don't exhibit overt symptoms. They just lose health and die. Only the "common" fish will completely thrive in the initial tank environment. There are some "hybrid" fish that will survive long enough to reach adulthood and sell. You may even have some survive long enough to breed them, but be prepared to have a bunch of fish die before you discover the ones that will live. Several of the hybrids will sell for more than $20 and will help build cash faster. You're doing exactly the right thing early in the game - breed fish that will live and manage your money carefully!

#268 - 02/04/05 03:35 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Brenda Offline
Master

Hi Barbara

I just joined in, and wanted to add that I too lost an "old" fish for no apparent reason. But the keyword here was apparent. I am at 3rd level Environment and all other amenities are in place. But even with those, the game seems to cycle reliably between a case of ick followed by a case of fungus (and always when you still have some of the last remedy left and need to replace it with the other ), and I had forgotten to pause the game overnight... which I'm guessing allowed one of those diseases to run full cycle and killed the fish.

Fortunately, I try to keep good notes (eh, that is...sticky notes everywhere, trips to the combination page, plus numerous hours fiddling with my own spreadsheet) so I was able to breed that fish again.

I must say, I've not been this involved with a game since the first "MYST" came out eons ago. I absolutely love it!

#269 - 02/04/05 05:40 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
Unicorn

That's great that you like the game so much. There are a lot of us that are addicted to these games. By the way, I like Myst, too!

As for the diseases - some of them can be really hard to spot on certain fish. Ick, in particular is difficult to see, especially on fish like the Spotanus. I've had fish die overnight because I didn't see that they were sick, and by morning it was too late!

#270 - 02/15/05 11:09 PM Re: Fish Tycoon Discussion! Welcome.
skw Offline

This game is very addictive, very quickly. I started playing less than two weeks ago and my stats say I have 248 real hours played. I have learned a lot- FAST! I now have everything on my tanks researched and maxed out. I'm breeding $100 fish and selling them by the dozens. Money is no longer an object, but---and you surely saw a but coming here--I can't come up with more than 2 magic fish! I have bred 120 different species but only found the curing and sustenance magic fish. I need a better strategy. Methodical breeding is taking too long! I know that telling me their breeds would be a spoiler, but what about going halfway? What if someone could just give me the name of one of the parents needed for the breeding pair? At least then I wouldn't have a literally endless number of combinations. The magic fish I do have came from using the "unknown chemical". Help!

Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter