Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#227876 - 01/18/11 03:18 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Olypcupman]
VVCX Offline
Expert

Olycupman: See Problem With ursing Mon-thread.

#227881 - 01/18/11 05:33 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Olypcupman]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Here is the link to the nursing mom thread, which explains that issue.

#227933 - 01/19/11 03:10 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: redneeckgirl]
redneeckgirl Offline
Trainee

Loc: Indiana
I'm having a problem not being able to complete a phase of the game that was mentioned in topic "The filthy encampment". I've completed all puzzles, tech, collections, have pop of 106 and all but 11 trophies. I'm running on windows 7.

Click to reveal..
Directly after I converted the last (yellow) heathen, instead of celebrating the villagers all ran to the mud hut and were 'rebuilding the mud hut'. Since I hadn't completed trophy 'reset building with earthquake' I paused the game and moved all the villagers to another area so they wouldn't finish too fast and I would be able to complete this trophy (since all my other buildings are 100% the mud hut I thought would've been my only chance).
I tried placing several masters, elders and non-masters on the mud hut to restart the process. I tried with building preference selected and without, and I've tried using some god powers over the area. Nothing I do will seem to trigger the villagers to fix the mud hut now. It never registered any progress before I moved the villagers. :-(

Maybe and island event will bring me broken building to finish the trophy, and another will bring a heathen that will allow me to finish the above problem?

hmm weird, I closed my game (running on slow) shortly after this then just opened it again. My pop is now 111 up from 106, no new nursing moms....

Edited by redneeckgirl (01/19/11 07:44 AM)

#227940 - 01/19/11 10:04 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: redneeckgirl]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Click to reveal..
Rebuilding the mud hut isn't really a project in the normal way. It's something the villagers self-initiate once the last heathen is converted as a sort of celebration. Since you interrupted them I am afraid I don't think they'll ever return to it. An earthquake would certainly not reset it and trigger the Jenga award, anyway.

#227943 - 01/19/11 01:27 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: arnie]
jbart321 Offline
Expert

One thing I noticed. The little heathen rascal. I hit him with bees, he started to run. He was in the waterfall and I hit him with lightening. At this point, he froze and would not move until I closed and reopened the game. His Actions kept cycling but flashed so fast I could not read it.

Another thing. I had a sick woman. I placed another woman on her to heal. It said Embracing and she ran away. She was magically healed by love I guess. smile

#227949 - 01/19/11 04:59 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Rockmower]
Omega Offline

Hi..I'm having a problem with the blind totem.

Click to reveal..
I had a villager bringing the gold to the totem, got distracted, and now it just says it's missing its eye.

There's no gold collecting gear now, and no way to take down the totem.

Help?

Edited by LadyCFII (01/19/11 05:15 PM)
Edit Reason: Hid spoiler text

#227950 - 01/19/11 05:15 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: Omega]
Unicorn

It's important to know at which step the process went awry. Had you already
Click to reveal..
smelted the gold in the fire?

#227960 - 01/19/11 09:19 PM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Omega Offline

Yikes! I didn't realize that was a spoiler...sorry!

Anyway, no I hadn't, and that solved the problem.

Thanks!

#228034 - 01/22/11 01:03 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Am not sure if this is a bug in the programming or if it is a nasty trick the designers created to get my goat. BUT, this trouble is REALLY annoying: i have 37 Esteemed Elders (they have mastered Food, Construction and Science) that will not learn doctoring as the area i have in which to place them to learn is VERY small. i can place the first 6 people on the doctor's mat, if i am VERY careful or else they embrace and run away. In the meantime, there is NO MORE ROOM to get the other 31 villagers to learn doctoring. By the time the last 2 of the six i first placed move a bit up onto the mat to make room for a possible CAREFUL laying down of 2 more villagers, the first villagers are already done NOT LEARNING and move down into the space so i have 30 some villagers that cannot do anything for the village except embrace and run away. Fixing this with a patch would be great but i doubt you will do so. Pausing and re-pausing and grabbing and re-grabbing is getting very vexing. Why did you design such a small area for the healing area when all other areas have huge placement points? The last five years i have been very happy with LDW but this point of frustration has me to the point today where i am thinking of deleting all the games for good. Just to spite LDW. Bad enough that Virtual Families was frustrating to the point i stopped playing it due to inability to get trophies for triplets, final collections, partners of same work path, etc. I thought that with VV4, things were on the up and up again but now with this VV5's hiccoughs (this includes Devotion not available for other villagers to learn once all blue faced critters have been perverted to believe in the hand - and no, i learned that the retired chief does NOT help others learn to be devoted to the hand) am to the point i feel it is better to watch TV than play these games. And lastly, i have a list of "general questions" that have been sitting in a separate forum that no one has answered. Is it possible i have been iggied? Ah well, maybe it is just time for me to move on and away from here.

Seriously vexed,
Brian aka OptiTron

#228037 - 01/22/11 01:53 AM Re: Bug Reporting [Re: OptiTron]
Unicorn

I am sorry that you're upset with us, Brian. frown We are working as hard as we can behind the scenes to work out issues with the game during the soft launch, but there are limits to what 3 people can do. blush

We have open bug records for most of the issues you mentioned, and we are working on them. I can't promise fixes for them all, because I don't control those decisions.

As for your other posts of questions, they haven't been ignored. We generally leave it up to fellow players to share experiences, since Arthur does not like us to get too detailed with explanations of how the games work - it takes away from the mystery and imaginative play that he wants to foster in the games.

Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter