Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Vicki B), 277 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186934 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#216557 - 02/14/10 06:40 AM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: tmiller]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
This FAQ answer will help you. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#216634 - 02/15/10 10:12 AM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: tmiller]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
That sounds like a problem with your video card or driver.

#216658 - 02/15/10 08:33 PM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: arnie]
tmiller Offline

Loc: Florida & Arkansas
I hope it's not. I just bought this laptop last week. If fact, it's not even a week old. I had to replace my old one. My old laptop was Vista and all my games ran fine there.

I downloaded my Hotel Dash game and same thing. It's not just this game, it's probably going to be all games. I even downloaded some kind of .net thing from the Microsoft website. They have lots of ppl saying the same thing about games.

If I find a solution, I'll be sure to post it for future users who may run into this problem. So far, I'm just stuck. lol

I did try the FAQ answers above and no luck either. But thank you both for trying to help me.

#216699 - 02/16/10 11:14 AM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: tmiller]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

On the off chance - are you perhaps running Firefox Web browser at the same time? If so, try closing it, then open the game. Let us know what happens.

#216700 - 02/16/10 11:28 AM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: arnie]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
I have windows 7 and Firefox browser and Mozilla e-mail client.
Most of the time I play a game with my browser and emailprogram open at the same time.
I don't have problems with the VV games, VF, PT or FT, so it must be a videocard or firewall issue I guess

#216718 - 02/16/10 04:16 PM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: Mbee]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
Most of the time I play a game with my browser and emailprogram open at the same time.

Do you play the game using fullscreen, which is the issue here? Is Firefox minimised to the taskbar or simply running open in the background?

#216722 - 02/16/10 05:40 PM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: arnie]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
Firefox usually is open because I multitask a lot, same goes for email and other programs at the same time, as said also LDW games.

I do not play fullscreen, that looks terrible. because my screen is flat, all villagers, plants etc. look like they need a diet, but technically I can play also on fullscreen

It probably is due to the screenresolution, mine is at 1280 x 720. try different settings if this does not work

Edited by Mbee (02/16/10 05:48 PM)

#216738 - 02/17/10 10:11 AM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: Mbee]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
I do not play fullscreen

Thanks. This is an issue with playing fullscreen, though.

#216782 - 02/18/10 04:52 AM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: arnie]
tmiller Offline

Loc: Florida & Arkansas
No, I don't have Firefox running when I am trying to play. I double checked to be sure. Still nothing. This is my first Toshiba, and Windows 7. I really am considering taking it back. I was just getting used to it, but I just can't spend $900 on it when I am not able to do what I love to do most. I haven't quite had it 2 weeks yet. I do wish I could figure it out though. I have about a week and a half to decide, miracles can happen. I sure hope one does.

#216793 - 02/18/10 10:36 AM Re: Will all LDW games run in Windows 7 [Re: tmiller]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

That's a shame in a way. I heard of someone else with Windows 7 having problems with playing games fullscreen when Firefox was running so I wondered if your situation might be similar. Apparently not ...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter