Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#216589 - 02/14/10 07:20 PM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: horsecrazy123]
Jozy Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada! :D
I have this thing, where the children have to do all of the chores, except fix the router, repair the floors, put out oven fires, things like that. I usually have my house pretty tidy, but every day, the kids have to 'do their two', meaning take out the trash and put a sock in the laundry, or throw away a wrapper and pull a weed.

As for names, their either kind of french, or the name of a place.

#220144 - 03/15/10 03:39 PM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: Jozy]
spinnything Offline
Adviser

I have one new family I am naming for trees, or plants, The parents are Hickory and Willow, and they have a daughter Reed, and a son Chip.

Oh, and I also name peeps for TV characters that I like, or sometimes change a name from the original just because the original is silly. Like Adware was changed to Addie.

Edited by Xay (03/17/10 11:09 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consecutive posts

#221996 - 05/18/10 10:21 AM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: horsecrazy123]
Pokemontrainer99 Offline
Expert

Loc: England
I'm doing magical names for the girls in my family and boy names for the boys.

#221997 - 05/18/10 12:20 PM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: Pokemontrainer99]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I rarely rename my peeps. I rather like the unusual names that are given to them by the game. One exception was when I had twin brothers, both of which had been named Greco. I renamed one of them Greg so they could be told apart.

#221998 - 05/18/10 12:49 PM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: arnie]
Mbee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Zuid-Holland
I do change the names into names that say something about them and in that way I can tell them apart better. This goes especially in the VV series that is. Although in my current tribe there was a boy born named 'Temeharo'. Not long after his birth there was a girl born named 'Makatea'. I loved the combination of Indian-like ring to it, so I left it that way and watched them grow up. Ofcourse they got married when grown up smile

#222016 - 05/18/10 10:11 PM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: Mbee]
BostonGirl Offline
Trainee

I usually like to keep their original names. I like the odd names they have like Uolle and Frila. I do change them sometimes if the name dosen't seem to fit. I have two kids right now that I changed the boy from Pop to Popi, and Cocoa to just CoCo. Also I remember changing Etna to Etta and Bolico to Boi. So I keep them as close to the original but with a twist.

#222127 - 05/26/10 07:59 AM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: horsecrazy123]
FlyersfaninNV Offline

Loc: California
I am naming the men in one of my families after Flyers players and one girl to Since Simone is the feminine of Simon Gagne.

#223341 - 07/14/10 03:18 AM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: FlyersfaninNV]
chocolatechip Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Being chased by angry igaunas
My Rainbow family's theme for the first Generation is book characters.

So the mother, A rainbow girl, is renamed Juliette from the book "Romeo and Juliette"
Her Husband , A red head with hair that stands up, is then renamed Romeo from the same book as the mother.
Their first child was adopted and I renamed Heidi from the book "Heidi".
Then, their second child was born, an Cute blonde with blue eyes, was renamed Alice from " Alice in Wonderland" ( All she needs is a Blue dress and then she's Alice's Mini me. O.O)

The third child was then born, A boy with curly blond hair, Whom I renamed Percy From " Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series.

Their fourth child was born, still being nursed, whom I will name Sarah from "The little Princess". I don't know what the theme will be for the second generation, but I'm open to ideas!

Avvi by AR

#223498 - 07/20/10 09:56 PM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: horsecrazy123]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Loc: NJ
I let the game name 2 of my families, but one of them have Harry Potter names. Ron and Hermione have Rose, Molly, Bill, and Charlie.

#223499 - 07/20/10 10:08 PM Re: What Name Themes Or Self Imposed Rules Do You Use? [Re: Tralah]
Tylieng Offline
Trainee

Loc: California
Hehehehe. The El family. xD

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter