Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#209563 - 09/07/09 09:29 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: JennaC145]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
I love what you're doing with the bedroom Jenna, it also really helps to inspire other people to pick up some image editing software and give mods a try grin

As I've said many times before, I've been doing this for years but I improve each time I try something new! The same can be said for you, as well as Lam & Kissy! I look forward to everything you share with us. smile

If you don't believe me about my progress, compare my first master bedroom mod (my first mod ever here) to my unreleased one:

Kind of fun seeing that old mod, the girl making the bed was named after me grin Generation 1!

#209585 - 09/07/09 05:47 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lyssaria]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada

By jennac145 at 2009-09-07 See if Hayden likes this room. I was just playing around with patterns and tried this one. If not let me know between the other two. grin

#209586 - 09/07/09 05:52 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lyssaria]
lam Offline

Lyssaria! The curtains behind the bed in your second picture are almost exactly what I imagined for my bedroom (which I'm not yet finished with due to my work/commuting schedule and other circumstances)! Of course, I imagined colors that would match my rose theme, like burgundy and rose...

This is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to when I said earlier that my imagination exceeds my skills. I have no idea of how to do it, but I want to do it so badly that I refuse to call the room finished without it...

Edited by lam (09/07/09 05:53 PM)
Edit Reason: needed to change one little thing...

#209589 - 09/07/09 06:34 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

You have great taste Lam! wink I always wanted a bed like that but my imagination seemed to exceed my own skills.. that bed is an ooold project that pretty much faded away. I guess I was finally able to imagine making it and going through all the steps in my head. smile You should keep trying it out and experimenting!

Jenna, I love what you did with the room, it looks really good! Can't wait to see Lewanda's lamps grin Gosh you really have improved in such a little amount of time. smile

#209622 - 09/08/09 04:38 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lyssaria]
lam Offline

Okay, Jenna pointed me to a video tutorial online (so much easier for me to follow than text!), and after viewing it and trying out what I saw, this is what I came up with for a curtain. It isn't perfect, but this is pretty much a first real attempt. Or the first attempt that I'm willing to let everyone see, anyway.

After I did the original image for this one, I copied it and pasted it a few times as additional layers, and rotated a couple of the layers, to give it a full look.

I expect to have to tone down the color, maybe, so for this one, please tell me how the shading looks, and whether the folds and shading looks curtain-like.

Thanks!

#209630 - 09/08/09 11:01 AM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
JennaC145 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nevada
Lam you did great!!! I can't believe one little video and a couple of hours and you already did this!! KUDOS!! The shading looks really good and it does look like a curtain. I am sure that you will get the color where you want but keep it up you are doing awesome!! grin

#209639 - 09/08/09 05:31 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: JennaC145]
lam Offline

Thanks!

I'm having trouble getting the perspective just right now, though. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

And here's the bedroom with my wall lamps added, and a lighting effect applied to make it look more lamp-like.

How is it?

I still need to do the nightstands (still trying to decide what I want for that) and of course the headboard (need to draw the curtain that I'll actually put in and get the perspective right).

Or maybe I'll save the curtain for the bedUpgrade, since that's where I plan to do an additional thing to the room that I have in mind...

After that, I'll be ready to share it! grin

Edited by lam (09/08/09 05:44 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot something...

#209643 - 09/08/09 06:00 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: lam]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

I love those lamps! and the curtain you did in the earlier post looks very realistic, I think you did very well smile

It's sad how things such as perspective can limit our imagination, but as long as you keep trying you'll get that beautiful curtain up there and finish up that wonderful bedroom.

I'm really looking forward to it grin

#209645 - 09/08/09 06:02 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: Lyssaria]
lam Offline

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! smile

What if I add a layer, display the original bedroom image (but make sure to be working on the new layer), and draw in the curtain using the headboard as a guide? Do you think that would work?

#209658 - 09/08/09 07:20 PM Re: Please Critique This... [Re: JennaC145]
kissy06 Offline
Expert

Loc: Christiansburg VA
Galen loves this one Jennifer! She just said, "Beautiful!" laugh

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter