Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#202903 - 07/12/09 04:24 AM Re: BB's Meals [Re: Lewanda]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Haha! Meanwhile, my hubby is thrilled. When I get on a "new food kick" I start cooking all sorts of things and he swears his "belly problem" is all my fault. >.> Now I'm so preoccupied with making food for my lil peeps, he's been getting quickie meals instead of those "I just can't stop eating" kind. lol

#202904 - 07/12/09 04:31 AM Re: BB's Meals [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Aw, bless his heart! smile Thank him for sacrificing for our little peepers.

#202906 - 07/12/09 04:40 AM Re: BB's Meals [Re: Lewanda]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

My little peeps just ate a steak dinner courtesy of BB. I like to feed them just before going to bed.

#202935 - 07/12/09 09:14 AM Re: BB's Meals [Re: Lewanda]
serendipity8777 Offline
Expert

Loc: 7,107 Islands
BB, your gourmet meals are delicious. My personal favorite is the steak and shrimps. Yum! My peeps are so spoiled. These meals couldn't have come at a better time. My families are movin' on up. They now have more money and goodbye old vegetables.

#202954 - 07/12/09 05:27 PM Re: BB's Meals [Re: serendipity8777]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Oh, he's not hurting. He's really is happy about it. He turned 40 last September and since then he really worries about his lil "gut" and fusses at me for cooking too much. smile

I have a few more edits to do to the gourmet pack and maybe one more "pack" of gourmet to do. After that I don't know if I'll be doing too many of those. lol They took me about three times longer than the others. Serendipity, that's exactly how I felt. I'm looking at multi-millionaires - they should be eating something fancy every now and then. laugh

I have some chores and things to do, but can't wait to get started on our lil trip "Down Under!"

#202966 - 07/12/09 07:10 PM Re: BB's Meals [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
That's a great point BB! If you do ever create that menu you could put a necessary amount of money in their bank to "order" the meals LOL almost like a meal upgrade or something.

Looking forward to seeing what Aussie delights you have in store for us grin

#202974 - 07/12/09 08:13 PM Re: BB's Meals [Re: Lyssaria]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

BB, if it isn't too late for this here's the list from my Aussie friend.

A basic standard family meal might consist of something like Roast meat (usually beef or lamb sometimes pork) and 3 standard vegetables such as roast potatoes, roast pumpkin and may peas or beans. If pork is the meat, then an apple sauce is added.

The vegetables can vary and any of these are widely used here. Cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, pumpkin, beans, peas, corn (on the cob), but potatoes are nearly always used at every meal if it includes vegetables.

Steak, chips (you call them fries) and eggs is also very popular with perhaps a cold salad of combination of lettuce, tomato and cucumber. You can also add other extras such as mushrooms or fried onions on the steak.

Lot of various pasta meals are used as well with the main favourite being spaghetti bolognaise although other forms of pasta are becoming more popular lately.

Lamb Chops are very popular as well, especially with vegetables as above.

Chicken is very popular, roast or used in various other types of meals.

Breakfast can be simply cereal and / or toast or if a more hearty breakfast is wanted, bacon and eggs is almost the standard fare. Our bacon is larger than your as it is not only the "tail" but also includes the main eye shaped piece of the bacon so the rashers are about 10 to 12 inches long.

A typical Aussie dinner on any normal evening might be Lamb Chops, potatoes (mashed/creamed) and 2 other vegetables usually boiled. If dessert is to follow it would be something simple like a pudding or fruit (preserved) and custard/cream/ice cream.

Another night you might have fish with a cold salad such as lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, pasta salad, coleslaw, potato salad.

In the last decade or so, Asian type meals are becoming more popular and rice with various Asian dishes is often served.

#202978 - 07/12/09 08:25 PM Re: BB's Meals [Re: Lewanda]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Wow. Thank you so much, Lewanda. Definitely not too late. I fell asleep last night - so much for my time alone. :P
It seems like they eat almost the same things we do. lol I'll see if I can find some recipes for those "traditional" foods also and try to get a menu together this evening. smile

#202980 - 07/12/09 08:28 PM Re: BB's Meals [Re: BayouBlonde]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

I thought the same thing when I read his reply. It sounds almost American.

#203020 - 07/12/09 11:57 PM Re: BB's Meals [Re: Lewanda]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Aussie meals are posted now. I tried to take the "normal" sounding meals they gave you and interject a little of the meats, veges and things they have that are not so common to us, along with the traditional "icon" foods. My cooking buddies (on another site) were a great help also.

I hope everyone enjoys a little trip Down Under!

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter